Modified OEM head pipe for sale 09 KLX250S

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Modified OEM head pipe for sale 09 KLX250S

I purchased a 'modified' head pipe but found out that little had been done.

So I did it again. But this time I took a pics to show potential buyers what they will get.

Unfortuately the pic of the rear of the pipe wouldn't show up decently, but rest assured that the overlap has been tapered smoother than what the last owner said he did.

The pipe has been cleaned and polished, header flange has been ground out match the cylinder head port opening, and the pipes rear overlap has been ground smooth for efficient flow.

Previous owner ground off the stock heat shield mount nuts. So be warned no heat shield will fit at the moment.

Asking price is $25.00 + shipping.

Attached Thumbnails Modified OEM head pipe for sale 09 KLX250S-my010475.jpg  

Last edited by RaceGass; 07-24-2008 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

header flange modification pic

Attached Thumbnails Modified OEM head pipe for sale 09 KLX250S-my010452.jpg  
Old 07-24-2008, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I assure you I DID grind a TON of weld off, leaving enough so that there was still some strength left. If you are not happy with it let me know and ill refund you.....and not trying to stir the pot or anything but if you ground off as much as it looks like you did the joint will fail and the header pipe will separate from the mounting point....
Josh

Last edited by Hardtaco; 07-24-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

excuse me for my bluntless but if you actually bought and paid for a stock 250S header, you should pay someone to take it off your hands for the foolish mistake of buying it in the first place. I can see the value in a stock 300 header as it opens up many slip-on options, but the 250S header is and has always been garbage. That is unless you must have all stock parts on your bike. Wherein if that's the case, I have a brand new '09 complete stock system I'll sell you.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 AM
1st Gear Member

I purposely didn't name any names Josh.

But to offer a 'modified' head pipe and little had been done well.... lets say that I posted picks to show that it will flow alot better than the job you had done. You must have used a flapper wheel b/c it was only smoothed out. Gotta remember that I have ground out two pipes identical header pipes in little over a week.

I opened up the header flange leaving lots of material to ensure its strength. I have enough experience to know how much to grind off. I work around enough aircraft to know better, and have done quite afew years of off road racing to gain sufficient knowledge (SCORE, HDRA, District 37 &38, 24hr Endurance).

If it fails on the next buyer I will personally tig weld it for free and pay for its shipping back. Plus a rebate if I feel it is warranted.

No I don't want my money back, I paid you extra (Remember?) thinking that the person did a knowledgable job. Seeing as how cleanly you had modified your bike. Money is not the point.

I was waiting on your head pipe to show up and the extra time it took to show up I went ahead and modified the one I had on the bike. That is why I am selling it.

How about PM me and not make this a beotch fest where everyone will jump in on this and complain. This is between you and me. Not judgemental hate seekers. I am only offering a effeciently modified head pipe with some pics to show that it has indeed been modified and I will guarantee it for 6 months after the purchase against its failure to perform under normal use.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:07 AM
1st Gear Member

OR Better yet....

If a person would like to try this header out before they pay anything for it, I will send it out and PAY for the shipping to their provided address. I would like for them to inspect the work performed and compare their header to mine and post it here. Then after they try it out if they feel like maybe I did do a good job of cleaning up any defeciencies (sp?) in the OEM design, they can reimburse me for the shipping and kick in what they feel the performance gain is.

If they feel like it was only a small gain send me $5, if they feel its better than that send me the asking price. A true no pressure deal. If they don't like it send it back.

If they keep it I will repair any failures due to removing too much material ( no slamming rocks ) for 6 months w/ free shipping back (limited to the continental United States, sorry folks). I cannot take responsibility for any misuse of the pipe though, as it is a used item.

Like I said I'm not worried about the small amount paid for the header. I'd rather know that someone else is getting to twist the throttle and feel that it does work.

My wife rode the moded bike tonite, and she said it has more bottom end and the top end is stronger by quite a bit.

Didn't mean to call you out Josh, or step on your toes so to speak. But your remark about removing 'TONS' of material must be in jest because the header flange was only smoothed at best, and the tail end wasn't touched..... I just cleaned up mine AND yours.

Sooo if any one would like to try it out no payment needed. PM me.

Best Regards, Mike

Last edited by RaceGass; 07-24-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
1st Gear Member

...Ok?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member

wow!!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
OR Better yet....

If a person would like to try this header out before they pay anything for it, I will send it out and PAY for the shipping to their provided address. I would like for them to inspect the work performed and compare their header to mine and post it here. Then after they try it out if they feel like maybe I did do a good job of cleaning up any defeciencies (sp?) in the OEM design, they can reimburse me for the shipping and kick in what they feel the performance gain is.

If they feel like it was only a small gain send me $5, if they feel its better than that send me the asking price. A true no pressure deal. If they don't like it send it back.

If they keep it I will repair any failures due to removing too much material ( no slamming rocks ) for 6 months w/ free shipping back (limited to the continental United States, sorry folks). I cannot take responsibility for any misuse of the pipe though, as it is a used item.

Like I said I'm not worried about the small amount paid for the header. I'd rather know that someone else is getting to twist the throttle and feel that it does work.

My wife rode the moded bike tonite, and she said it has more bottom end and the top end is stronger by quite a bit.

Didn't mean to call you out Josh, or step on your toes so to speak. But your remark about removing 'TONS' of material must be in jest because the header flange was only smoothed at best, and the tail end wasn't touched..... I just cleaned up mine AND yours.

Sooo if any one would like to try it out no payment needed. PM me.

Best Regards, Mike
now I know there have been tons of exhaust threads on here that have pretty much covered any point coverable as far as how good any exhaust is..............but DUDE......it's a stock 250S header- the queen bee of the word garbage. You can modify it until the cows come home and it's still the tiny straw sized piece of crap someone at kawi thought would work good back in 1993. Stop calling people out on this pint sized header that you "modded". no one cares how many tools you put to it or what you thought it would make your bike perform like when you bought it. fact is you bought and paid for a stock 250S header and for that, no one on here will give you any sympathy. the word "modded" entails that SOMETHING was done to it which you admit that it was when you bought it so stop bringing what should be pm's to the public forum. he said he'd refund you your money if ya wanted. either take him up on that or stfu.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Travis, while opinions are welcome here, using the letters STFU will not fly here. You have no cause to bring that here. Come on man, please don't. And no my tongue is not up the backside of anyone. This is a new forum, and a chance to keep the flow of information heading in the right direction. If you feel the need to let someone really know how you feel, that is what the PM system is all about.

Quick Reply: Modified OEM head pipe for sale 09 KLX250S