Moab 4-27 thru 5-12

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice vid there TNC. Glad that didn't happen on the trip I took to Moab last year.

I'd love to go back this year but the new bike purchase shot a hole in my travel budget.

PS:
Hi Guido!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mel brooks
Nice vid there TNC. Glad that didn't happen on the trip I took to Moab last year.

I'd love to go back this year but the new bike purchase shot a hole in my travel budget.

PS:
Hi Guido!
Mel, now that's just all wrong. You get the new bikes to go out and travel more. What's the deal?

Hey, how are your mods to your KLX going? Did everything shake out satisfactorily?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds like another Epic Trip! Of course we need a good ride report for the collection.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

deej, you'd like the Moab area. It's a clean place with little mud and only some dust to deal with. You'd only have to spend a half hour or so every evening in camp cleaning up your bike.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Mel, now that's just all wrong. You get the new bikes to go out and travel more. What's the deal?

Hey, how are your mods to your KLX going? Did everything shake out satisfactorily?

Well, it's not just the new KLX SF. It's the pending 331/351 kit to the KLX also.

I'll let ya know how it works out....

Hope y'all have a blast. Would love to be there again this year.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Now that looks like fun, what will the weather be like around then? Maybe next year. I have been think about heading down there with my family.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:45 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
Now that looks like fun, what will the weather be like around then? Maybe next year. I have been think about heading down there with my family.
Weather is almost always good that time of year...not too warm, not too cool.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

TNC, I honestly want to tempt you up north but I can understand the attraction of staying around Moab. However I will put in a plug for someday traveling a bit further west and visiting the San Rafael Swell, if you haven't already. It's about 100 miles by slab from Moab and pretty much totally primitive camping, but the riding and scenery is oh so good. Fewer people too.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Guido
TNC, I honestly want to tempt you up north but I can understand the attraction of staying around Moab. However I will put in a plug for someday traveling a bit further west and visiting the San Rafael Swell, if you haven't already. It's about 100 miles by slab from Moab and pretty much totally primitive camping, but the riding and scenery is oh so good. Fewer people too.
Definitely great stuff all around. I've been down around Hite's crossing and Fry Canyon, and there's an amazing amount of cool stuff down there too. I've had 4 KLR600/650's over the years and have ridden all manner of stuff from SoCal deserts to Southern Utah...and probably only scratched the surface. I haven't done the Swell proper but have ridden west of Hankesville and Caineville. Utah has to be my favorite place. I do Colorado for a couple of weeks in August every year and it's great, but Utah is it for me.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mel brooks

PS:
Hi Guido!
Hey there Mel! Jeez, how did I miss your greeting? But I did. Mr Tunnel Vision here. Boy I'd sure like to ride with you guys again but we just live so far apart! Maybe I can get some of these lazy *** Utard bikers to pick up and make the journey east with me for some real woods riding. Every time I'm back your way (upstate New York, actually) I feel like I'm in the jungle. But alas, money, and especially time, is tight. Or at least spoken for. Good luck with that 351 kit. I have one sitting in my garage too just waiting for Mr Too Many Irons In The Fire to get at it.

Sorry for the thread jack TN. Back to dreams of Moab.

Quick Reply: Moab 4-27 thru 5-12