Minimalist Touring Defined

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Minimalist Touring Defined

For those of you that think our KLX's are a bit small for touring, check this out.

http://tw200forum.com/forums/6/52611...ost.aspx#52611

This guy is taking a TW200 (towing a neat little trailer to boot) from Ellensberg WA - Deej are you listening? - to Wisconsin. By himself.

For those of you unfamiliar with the TW just think Rokon on steroids. For those of you unfamiliar with a Rokon...well, look it up.

He's 7 days into a 1300 mile trip and is posting one heck of a ride report along the way. If he can ride a 200cc, aircooled, 5-speed, rear drum beasty over the Continental Divide what are the rest of us waiting for? Shoot, kind of wish I was with him....

Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow thats weird you should mention this, I have a recent ride report with a couple of friends, and one of them has the TW200 and last year 2 guys came through Forks on the TW bikes loaded to the hilt. And just yesterday I saw a Rokon sitting for sale at the local small engine repair shop.

Hey I did my 700 mile trip on the KLX last August, so what are the rest of you monkey's waiting for? Hmmmm???

Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats the coolest ride report ever. I want one of those trailers. Is that a home made or can you buy that particular one. And more importantly...will they paint it to match the KLX green?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm I thought I was a member on that site, but I guess not. I'll have to register to comment.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
hmmm i thought i was a member on that site, but i guess not. I'll have to register to comment.
ok lol

Old 06-10-2009, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Brilliant!
When I see people off on such an adventure, it sure makes me want to do a long trip somewhere.
One day..........................

Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

That is by far the coolest ever!!! I wish I was closer so I could meet up with him and do a little touring!!! I hope his journey is fun and safe! Oh yeah that trailer is friggen awesome!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

seen it, its pritty funny. i rode out to death valley with a dude on a tw, probally did over 1000 miles in four days, whole time i thought the thing might go at any second, never did.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Brilliant!
When I see people off on such an adventure, it sure makes me want to do a long trip somewhere.
One day..........................
I think anywhere yo go over there would be a long trip. Speaking of trips, where is JROCK? Oh no he di'int.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
. I want one of those trailers. Is that a home made or can you buy that particular one. And more importantly...will they paint it to match the KLX green?
Deej, you just THINK you want one of those trailers. I tracked down the source and discovered that the folks who make them are mighty proud of them. In fact, I could buy a good used TW for less than they want for one of their trailers. Here's the link anyway.

http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/Trailers/Uni-Trak.htm

Maybe TW2007 will let you borrow his. Better yet, find a half dozen buds and co-op one.

Quick Reply: Minimalist Touring Defined