Michelin trials tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Michelin trials tires

I was reading in dirt bike magazine that the michelin trials tires out performed the knobby on all terrain. They did a test on both. They were sceptical at first but were amazed at the outcome. They said a lot of california off road guys are using the michelin trials tires.They tested on all terrains, (mud, technical, up hills, etc.) Anyone have these tires, Iam not sure if they are street legal , but they look it. Here's a link http://www.onoffroad.com/Merchant2/m...D-TRIALS-TIRES

Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Michelin trials tires

I did more research, they are DOT approved.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Those look SWEET!!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I think we must read the same mag because I saw that too. I haven't tried anything like that, but it would be fun to check them out. Most trials tires are way expensive, though and probably wouldn't last real long because of the soft grippy rubber they use. [:@]

Old 04-06-2007, 11:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I've been reading a fair bit about them (Trials tyres) and yes they are more expensive however the general consensis is they last longer, you can run them at lower pressures (6 - 8 psi) and they grip like baby %^$# to a blanket

Old 04-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I would not believe those would be good in the wet mud until i saw it for my self....the gaps between the ***** just isnt big enough... and being more expensive i wouldnt wanna get it and then it suck in mud.... jmo.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Check out the May issue of Dirt Rider where they test four different brands of trials tires in varioius conditions. Surprisingly, they did say the work pretty good in mud, but I can't imagine it would be as good there as a decent knobbie. They said the one place where they fell short was loam, which oddly enough is where knobbies typically hook up the best. They said that due to the softer sidewalls and rubber used, expect more pinch and puncture flats, though.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmar

I was reading in dirt bike magazine that the michelin trials tires out performed the knobby on all terrain. They did a test on both. They were sceptical at first but were amazed at the outcome. They said a lot of california off road guys are using the michelin trials tires.They tested on all terrains, (mud, technical, up hills, etc.) Anyone have these tires, Iam not sure if they are street legal , but they look it. Here's a link http://www.onoffroad.com/Merchant2/m...D-TRIALS-TIRES
Does anyone know what the T & L letters signify, after the size description? Has anyone tried these out on pavement or knowhow they handle?

Old 04-08-2007, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

the letters mean tubeless or tube type.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:26 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmar

I did more research, they are DOT approved.
Just had mine delivered, big stamp on the side: For Off Road Use Only! Dremeled it off and buffed the area. Anybody know where I can get a DOT stamp?
I think I effed up getting these tires, but I will try them out in different scenarios and give a report. I doubt if they will last pissing time.

Quick Reply: Michelin trials tires