luggage rack picture posts

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default luggage rack picture posts

Having a tough time deciding on what rack to get.
Post up your pictures of you luggage rack with and without gear.
Thanks

Old 02-10-2010, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I have and like the CycleRacks rear rack. I'll dig up some pics to post. Might be a day or two though. Google Cycleracks to get an idea of the product. In my sig pic the rack is showing it's crash bar function, rear signals still in good shape. Lots of handholds at the end of nap time.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll second that request for pics of peoples racks. I'm considering the Turbo City Burrago rear rack. Does anyone out there have it and do you like it?
The Nomadic rack looks good too, but does not have the same number of cross bars and underside pegs to hook straps to.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Turbo City, Cycle Racks, Nomadic,Happy Trails,Dirt Bagz, and i've even thought about the
Giant Loop,,, too many options is not a bad thing.
I'd just like some feed back from those who have them.
Cycle Racks looks like it is very wide, but all around good and strong,,
Burrago looks a little smaller, but i wouldn't want to get off the back in a hurry and get caught up on it. i also don't want to be removing it for trail rides,
My idea of a good rack, is streamlined to the body panels, and strong mounting points that you can strap all the junk you need on it. I would like to know if the Nomadic rack works with DirtBagz brackets on the 09 model. i think that might serve me well. I am figuring on carrying fuel on the rack.
Thanks.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member

I've got a thread in the new members area (page 2) titled "Done Lurking" that has a side shot of my bike which shows the Cycleracks with some modified bicycle bags.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
I've got a thread in the new members area (page 2) titled "Done Lurking" that has a side shot of my bike which shows the Cycleracks with some modified bicycle bags.
Like this? (cool photo BTW)

Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm also curious to see what is available for the '09's, the new gen KLX250's. I've had a few notes sent in about "where is yours?"

Old 02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
jxg
1st Gear Member

I have the nomadic rack on my '09, and like it. don't have any pictures, but search here and you can see it. The one comment about the width on the other rack, I do not know if that is a good or bad thing. there are 2 things I do NOT like about the Nomadic:

- the bolts that came with it for the seat mounts rusted the first time out (still need to find stainless steel replacements)

- if anything it is a bit too wide. i find that when going down really steep decents where i have to get way back, i do hit against the rack. just took a bit of getting used to after not having a rack for a long time.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks HeavyFuel, for reposting that into this thread. I haven't figured out the picture in post YET.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jxg

- if anything it is a bit too wide. i find that when going down really steep decents where i have to get way back, i do hit against the rack. just took a bit of getting used to after not having a rack for a long time.
I've been down some pretty steep stuff and havn't had the rack be a problem; the bags YES (more mod/total redesign req'd). If Í were to get back far enough for the rack to be a problem a bigger problem would be unweighting the front wheel and losing steering.

Quick Reply: luggage rack picture posts