Looks like a busy weekend coming up

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Here he is, FSM in Person

Actually, I'm just laying out the spokes in preparation to relace the rim.

50% Complete!

Done!

It only took 45 minutes to lace and true it, which is pretty good since it's only the second time I ever laced a rim and true'd it. My only other time re-lacing and trueing a rim was when I was 14.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I finished the Rear Rim today too, after a PM by a friend reminding me to look closely at how the spokes are arranged. I was so eager to get the rim laced I didn't realize that there are two, different length spokes for the rear.

I had it all laced and spokes were sticking out at odd angles and I was like , W-T-H?!

Once I figured it out I got back on track and got 'er done in no time. I am a bit bummed though because I was not able to true it "spot on" perfect. I have a little over 1.2mm lateral run out, and about .5mm axial run out. Outer tolerance is 2mm so it is "within" spec, but I'd feel better if it were dead on.

Here's a pair of shots of the Rear Rim

Here's my Attack Graphics for the side plates and Front Number Plate

Old 03-17-2009, 05:28 AM
1st Gear Member

I am SO getting some Attack Graphics for the KLX as well...I just need to determine which pattern and color combination.

I had them on my KDX220 and I really liked their looks

Last edited by mandark; 03-17-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Not quite done with the YZ yet, but here are a few updated pics.

I still need to do the little things like run the fuel line, torque all the major bolts, bleed the brakes, and tighten up the lock nuts on the chain adjusters. Oh, and replace the front brake line because it seems that the one I ordered last year is too short (GRRR!)

After that, I'll be ready to put in the coolant and oil and run it for about 60 seconds, then drain the oil and refill.

I am hoping I didn't forget anything major and end up grenading the motor. About the only seal I didn't replace was the water pump seal, so I think I'll jinx myself and say it won't leak.