Looking for stock klx300 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Looking for stock klx300 exhaust

Wow, you really don't get it. I read that article years ago. Again you have nothing on the 250. Come back when you do. You & Larry have noithing in common.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JB1

Oh okay, you know the KLX300 muffler wont fit your KLX250 header pipe right?

Actually I did not know that. Thanks so I need both the muffler and the header pipe? Anything else to make it work.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Yes, someone on here tried that allready and the clamp is different that attaches to the header pipe and the klx300 header pipe is longer (so I have read).

Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

The 300 is choked with the oem header because....................its a 300. We are dealing with 50cc less displacement and don't need a massive bore header as there just simply isn't as much exhaust flowing at any given time. There was a definite power gain when I went to the OEM 300 headpipe and muffler, and I can't justify a $140 headpipe to go with a $20 muffler can ($50 shipped for headpipe and muffler) because the bang for the buck isnt there. On the flip side if/when I bump it to 300-331 cc then I would get either a full system or at the least a big bore header.................because you guessed it, more exhaust being pumped out with every (other) stroke. 4 stroke engines require some backpressure to run optimally and its been said before a large bore head pipe will increase your flow and power on top end but there will be a loss on the bottom, sizing a pipe for a bike is a science.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a feeling I'll just drill out the stock can untill I have the money for a system. Thinking the 300 exhaust was plug and play I could get an exhaust on the cheap. I just put a 49T on the back and want to jet this bike already, but wanted to do everything in one shot. I'll most likely just pull off the airbox lid drill the stock exhaust jet it and ride.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

The 300 is choked with the oem header because....................its a 300. We are dealing with 50cc less displacement and don't need a massive bore header as there just simply isn't as much exhaust flowing at any given time. There was a definite power gain when I went to the OEM 300 headpipe and muffler, and I can't justify a $140 headpipe to go with a $20 muffler can ($50 shipped for headpipe and muffler) because the bang for the buck isnt there. On the flip side if/when I bump it to 300-331 cc then I would get either a full system or at the least a big bore header.................because you guessed it, more exhaust being pumped out with every (other) stroke. 4 stroke engines require some backpressure to run optimally and its been said before a large bore head pipe will increase your flow and power on top end but there will be a loss on the bottom, sizing a pipe for a bike is a science.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

See Iowatard, real experience with it on a 250! That is what I was waiting on before I said one way or the other on the headpipe! You on the other hand read an article on a different displacement bike & apply it as gospel to the entire Kawasaki model line without thought, which you are incapable of. You are telling people what to do to their bikes as is you had a clue what you were doing! After all, the 250S has a "full floater" right <sarcasm>.

I also agree with Bryant's point of once you get a bike past the emissions & noise reduction junk, you are basically just moving the power around.

I'm out of this thread cause he will always have the last word & reason has no place in his head (I almost said brain, that would be a big assumption on my part). As for "smoking my ***" if your into that thing I guess I'll try anything once, but the only thing you are huffing is the fumes straight from your Big Gun.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

RU, that sounds like a good start. Personally I skipped drilling the stocker because of possible warranty issues down the line. To avoid any complications at the dealer I kept everything to return it to stock configuration so there can't be any complaints. I'm not sure where you live but if you can hold off I would just wait a bit, 300 pipes turn up quite often on e-bay. Or save up for a bit and opt for the HMF slip on.

If you haven't heard it before here's a link to an audio/video file of my setup CLICK ME

And if you haven't seen it:

I added the downturn on the end to keep the exhaust smell off of whatever I had on my cargo rack..................generally it was my lunch bag as I commute to work on the KLX when its above 40 outside.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

stay away from the troll under the bridge.....

Quick Reply: Looking for stock klx300 exhaust