Looking to sell my 351 - in Connecticut..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Looking to sell my 351 - in Connecticut..

Just tossing around the idea again. I'm bad with cars and bikes.. I usually keep them for two years, sink a ton of money into them, then get bored and sell for something else It's a bad path I always go down. hahaa

So, the green monster is for sale.. It's an 07, It's a bike that I used 99% primarily in the woods.. The plastics are beat, there's frame paint rubbed off, etc.. This is not a showroom bike. It's been ridden, and it shows. Mechanically the bike is 100%. I take very good care of my bike. I have had the 351 kit on the bike for over 2k miles with no problems. The bike has lots of torque. Never left me stranded, never any problems. As for mods:

Bill Blue 351cc kit
FMF jet kit
FMF Q4 full exhaust
Vortex quarter turn throttle
bark busters
No-Toil foam filter
Utah cycles skid plate
oversized pegs
raising link (have stock too)
bar risers
Renthal bars

New front wheel bearings, new rear bearings (not installed, not needed yet, waiting on deck) new brake pads, all bearings were recently greased and checked, new fork guards, and I think that might be it, but I'm sure I'm missing something...

I will be snapping a few pics later on today. Just wanted to get this up to see if there's any interest. As for price, I would like $3,000 FIRM.. That means $3000 and no less!! I love the bike, so if I can't get $3k for it it will stay with me forever.

I would be interested in trades - local only, no out of state trades.. I would be interested in any four stroke KTM 450's, WR450, Husqvarna 450, husaberg 450, etc.. Do you see a pattern? haha

Thanks for the space!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

So what are you saying, because my 06 with 13,000 miles still looks good that I don't ride? LOL

Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

hate to see you let it go, but i know how it is. im one of those people that just keeps throwing aftermarket part after aftermarket part at it till it resembles a racer, then beat it till it breaks. have to say the kawi is lasting a lot longer then the honda civic did.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
So what are you saying, because my 06 with 13,000 miles still looks good that I don't ride? LOL
Deej, uh ... it's just a different style of riding . That's what is great about these bikes, they work for a lot of different types of riding. From gravel road adventure rider, to banging through the trees on a single track, or even pushing it to it's limit on a MX track.

Cuz Larry , I'm guessing you want about 450cc's , are you wanting to keep it street legal?
Keep us posted.
Dan

Old 04-29-2010, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

My next bike is going to be a 450 as well, I want the KTM real bad, BUT=====IF KAWASAKI would dual sport the KLX450R for all 50 states. I'd buy one of those instead. Anyone got connections at kawasaki? I asked a kawasaki rep at the local motorcycle show months back. The answer was DUHHHHHHHHH ahhhhhhhhhhhh I havent heard anything.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

about a year ago, i talked to a local park ranger and he said he stoped a klx450 plated, and they guy explained it was a kawi test bike, pulled out regestration with kawi corp. owned. it might be in the works, i would trade my bike in tomarrow.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

here we go another rumor about a plated 450, I'll believe it when I see it. Which ever one for the big jap companies rolls this out first will get flooded with orders and unable to fill orders so get inline as soon as the rumor is confirmed in line behind me that is....but I'm not trading in my 250 I'll just add to it.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Wait for the new Husaberg FI370, fuel injected 70 degree 2 stroke.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
Wait for the new Husaberg FI370, fuel injected 70 degree 2 stroke.
Seriously? Or are you just teasin'? Don't be doing that **** unless you are serious.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Seriously? Or are you just teasin'? Don't be doing that **** unless you are serious.
I googled it because I was surprised Mr W-oz didn't put up the usual sexy bike pic after mentioning it. I found sites where they are talking about it, but no pics. One of those sites also mentioned that berg's parent co., KTM, might be bought out by an Indian company?
Got any pics G ??

Quick Reply: Looking to sell my 351 - in Connecticut..