Looking for edge 2 taillight kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Looking for edge 2 taillight kit.

Hi guys, if anyone has an edge 2 taillight kit they are willing to get rid of that is in good condition please let me know.

If it has blinkers attached, even better.

Thanks

Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Also if someone is in need of a brand new stock rear fender/taillight combo that hasn't seen the road, I have one for sale.

It is from a brand new klx 250s.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Has anyone installed the upgrade processor board?

I am just worried that the edge 2 might be a little skimpy on the visibility of the bikes brake lights, and the processor board claims it's a lot brighter.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how bright the edge 2 actually is?

Just wondering if you feel comfortable enough as it is.

The board upgrade is $100 dollars and that seems really steep, for an undetermined amount of brightness.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the board, but it came Installed from 12oClock. Then, I never compared both stock and the board LEDs brightness. I like it and it's bright enough for day or night. I also like the integrated blinkers and the pulsing-for-a-second-then-solid brake light.
The major issue for most with the Edge, is the fact that the light is a little too far in under the rear fender. Meaning a driver that sits high in a rig may not see it.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member

The pulsing is a major sell factor for me, I hope this isn't illeagal in Michigan... I manualy pulse my brakes from time to time already, like when the person behind me is a woman, or an old man.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

The edge 2 led's lights are plenty bright enough IMO. The aluminum plate is way better/stronger than the plastic plate & I was glad to be advised about that when I bought one.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Rather than starting new thread I've resurrected this one as it it somehow related.

Currently I'm running a stock tail light setup on my 09 KLX. I didn't like the looks of the bit protruding below the numberplate, so I chopped the black plastic off just below the numberplate. It looks very much like the last pic in "Show your badass KLX sticky".

Looks better, but I think that putting form before function approach is causing me some grief. In last couple of rides I've hit some wet clay patches with some shallow puddles scattered here and there. Nothing snotty or difficult to ride on, but nonetheless I went thru it at a slow pace (OEM tires on the bike). To my surprise though my plate, rear light, top of Kriega US-10 pack on the Nomadic rack and rear part of seat was smothered up with that wet gunk. It looked like I didn't have bloody rear fender there at all.

So before I re-attach that sawn off bit back again as I'm sick of cleaning that mess every time I hit just a small puddle, howthe DRC Edge kit behave?

From the looks of it it brings the number plate up and closer to the fender, but at quite steep angle. I'm thinking that may actually form a better shield than chopped off OEM guard.

Any observations from DRC Edge users?

I don't mind getting my bike dirty, I bought it because I wanted more dirt capable DS bike than I had before, but even innocent looking bit of wet stuff seems to be entirely transferred onto the bike (and mine) ****.

Cheers.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Even with the plate at a steeper angle, your back, etc will get wet, etc. Not gonna be any different than what you have now.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll take the wet, the mud, and a little less visibility of the Edge light (I live in an area where traffic is rarely an issue) because it looks SO MUCH better. And as said before the plate is thick aluminum and made the rear end seem much stronger.
The stock signals can be mounted (with some patience) if you remove the frame plugs that get in the way. The frame plugs should be replaced with some silicone gooped into the frame holes, just to keep out water and gunk.
As any after market part, instructions were vague but usable, and the install was a little tricky. At times it seemed like it wasn't lining up with the holes on the bike, a screw driver placed into an empty hole to lever it over another hole so a bolt could be started fixed that, then it went on no problem. It's a perfectly tight fit.
I'd do it again, the stock plastic rattled so bad while riding I thought after years it would just fall off and I wasn't going to wait for that to happen.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Does anyone have any pics of the Edge 2 taillight installed with stock signals attached? Also, do you take off the black plastic part of the rear fender when installing the taillight or leave it on?

Last edited by Websurfing101; 06-21-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for edge 2 taillight kit.