Local Cops

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Local Cops

So I was riding my klx today and went down the railroad tracks by my house and came up to a major road and stopped at the road to look at the ditch cause I was planning on going through the mud. I looked up and saw a Sheriff deputy standing in front of my bike and had the car blocking me from going onto the road. I wasnt wearing a helmet. The deputy asked me who I was and where I was going. I told him that I just worked on the bike and I was riding it to test it out. He told me that I couldnt take a dirtbike on the road and I immediatley directed him to the rear of my bike where he saw that I had turn signals and a brake light oh yea and one more thing A LICENSE PLATE! He called the plate into the dispatcher and the guy who usually works the zone came over the radio and told him that he knew the bike. He went back to his car and typed to deputy nichols who told him that he knew me and asked why he stopped me. He told nichols that I was riding on the road and that I was on a dirt bike. Nichols who is a traffic unit here in sarasota told the deputy to let me go and that I had done nothing wrong since my bike is a enduro and has all the proper equipment. well the bike did I didnt. I am under 21 and had no helmet on. But that is another story since I wasnt even on the road...

Old 05-06-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Local Cops

Cops suck, but I'll be the first to say put a lid on squid.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

+1

Old 05-06-2008, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I feel lucky, The Cops here in NC are pretty cool when it comes to Dirt Bikes. They don't even look twice at my Klx. I think it's because there are so many liquor-cycles on the road. They just got tired of bothering with 2 wheel vehicles. I still can't believe you can lose your license for DWI and still ride a Moped on the street.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

+2. .

Old 05-06-2008, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

+3

Old 05-06-2008, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan
I still can't believe you can lose your license for DWI and still ride a Moped on the street.
That's one way to make lemonade out of lemons I suppose

Mike

Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i have gotten pulled over 4 times for "being a dirt bike on the road" sucks.... then i say.... um im allowed on the road, one cop said some one called in and said there was a dirt bike riding on the street..... someone actually called in and 'told on" me [:@]

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

After my incident with the "aggressive acceleration" cop (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_287719/tm.htm), I've heard of a lot of other guys being hassled. It seems the local PD is on a mission to rid the streets of us hooligan dual-sport riders. The cops aren't usually finingthe DS guys, they're just pulling them over, checking licenses, giving the bad cop routine, then letting them go.

What irritates me is most people's reaction after they hear the cop didn't write a fine. I get"...well that was pretty cool of the cop not to fine you". B.S.!!! If the cop was "pretty cool" he wouldn't have pulled me over for no good reason in the first place.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

damn i didnt relize the cops are such dicks for the enduro's.. I know they are about the quads. I hope i dont get hassled lol

Quick Reply: Local Cops