The Little Green KLX250..Wasaki

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default The Little Green KLX250..Wasaki

Hey guys Im new around here, I lurked a very long time before finally buying my 2006 Klx250s. Overall it is in good condition but some cosmetic defects. I have a list building of things I would like to change, this will happen slowly. Pictures soon to come after the monsoons in S. IL stop.
The way I bought the bike, rejetted (allegedly I have not actually checked), danmoto exhaust (with some ugly welds on the insert..), newer off brand shinko 244 style tires and newer brake pads.

To do list: Timing chain tensioner PRIORITY #1, front & rear KX style fender (front is in route), radiator guards, handle bars, LED tail light, LED signals, sleeker mirrors, larger foot pegs ,coolant temp guage & shorty clutch lever...for now.

Long term ideas 330 bigbore, larger gas tank, upgraded seat, better exhaust..maybe more as I get a custom to the bike.

I have a few parts on the way as mentioned a speedo cable, KX front fender and a skid plate. So after these things it will be a slow build up, my pockets are a little lighter now 😂. The bike already a nick name, my roommates and I had a running joke with Wasabi and being a green bike its now known as the wasaki.

Thanks guys hope you come along for the ride!

Last edited by 86indy; 05-03-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Enjoy this bike, one of the most understated bike in the ds category. Seat, and pegs along with suspension make this bike sooooo much more enjoyable

Old 05-03-2017, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Tacoma mentions suspension. 86indy, what do you weigh and what kind of riding are you going to do?

I like the Wasaki name.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 86indy
Hey guys Im new around here, I lurked a very long time before finally buying my 2006 Klx250s. Overall it is in good condition but some cosmetic defects. I have a list building of things I would like to change, this will happen slowly. Pictures soon to come after the monsoons in S. IL stop.
The way I bought the bike, rejetted (allegedly I have not actually checked), danmoto exhaust (with some ugly welds on the insert..), newer off brand shinko 244 style tires and newer brake pads.

To do list: Timing chain tensioner PRIORITY #1, front & rear KX style fender (front is in route), radiator guards, handle bars, LED tail light, LED signals, sleeker mirrors, larger foot pegs ,coolant temp guage & shorty clutch lever...for now.

Long term ideas 330 bigbore, larger gas tank, upgraded seat, better exhaust..maybe more as I get a custom to the bike.

I have a few parts on the way as mentioned a speedo cable, KX front fender and a skid plate. So after these things it will be a slow build up, my pockets are a little lighter now 😂. The bike already a nick name, my roommates and I had a running joke with Wasabi and being a green bike its now known as the wasaki.

Thanks guys hope you come along for the ride!
Don't waste your money on ebay. I sell them direct for $4 less, no ebay fees. Use PayPal and you have the same protection against my dropping dead and not sending the part. Look up Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners and get my email if you haven't already. The guys here can vouch for the fact that I will get the part to you. They're cut for me here in Ohio, then I do finish work on them, assemble and ship them. It's kind of fun and I get a kick out of thinking there are bikes in Malaysia, Russia, and Turkey (among about 50 other countries) with my sticker on them... tickles me.

Either way, look forward to hearing from you.

Right now there's a delay in filling orders depending on when I get them. My one daughter suffered a severely fractured skull resulting in brain trauma due to both an epidural and subdural hematoma.

She apparently had a seizure at work and fell, stiff kneed, hitting the back right side of her head on a tile floor. Fast response by the store/restaurant with a planned emergency procedure and similar fast work by the first responders and hospital got her to the best hospital for care in Akron, part of the Cleveland Clinic group.

She is faring well so far, but it is a day by day and will go on for months. The piece removed from her skull will not go in for four to six months. But it's still good, the neurologist feels she will have a good recovery in spite of saying most who have this severe an injury don't make it.

She has all extremities working in voluntary actions and can communicate yes/no. She's given a thumbs up, waved bye, and did the humorous index finger "exercise" at my request after a brief demo... I don't think the humor was lost on her.

We have a long way to go. I'm with her through the week and home on the weekend to do orders and any house stuff I can as well as some additional rest... time to go back and see her some more. You know, moral and spiritual support to let her know we're here and care.

Later.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Best wishes and hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm very sorry to hear that, Mark. She is in good care with the Cleveland Clinc and our prayers are with her for a fast recovery.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow!! Good luck, that is some serious stuff!

Old 05-04-2017, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Mark my prayers are with you and your daughter.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. Still here with her. The kid is strong, kept trying to sit up tonight. I hope the determination is there to work hard to get strong again. If her lungs take over from the ventilator that is a major step. It's close. I'm hoping the doctors see my presence and calming influence of value so I can get a family leave from the school to stay with her in these early stages where she will need all the encouragement she can get. I have the sick leave time, they need doctor recognition of my part in helping with her. That's tomorrow's task.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Thoughts and prayers from Canada Mark. Tough times ahead and we hope you'll both pull through.

Quick Reply: The Little Green KLX250..Wasaki