Listen To My Monstrous KLX 250!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 02:42 AM
Default Listen To My Monstrous KLX 250!!

Hello all,
I made a recording with my Sony camera of how the KLX 250 sounds with the White Brothers E-system Full system exhaust on it. I went for a ride today and all I can say is this sounds like a BEAST. It DOES NOT sound like a ricer, its definatley got a growl to it that I love, though its a little loud. Lets say that it echoes around the neighborhood, but DAMN IT SOUNDS SO SWEET!!! This video records the sound OK but theres alot more growl to it then the video records, A HELL of alot more bottom end, its a pitty it didn't record that, but what can you ask for from a camera that takes pictures. I put the needle back in slot 3 from base and all the sluggishness went away in the bottom 1/4 throttle and it no longer back fires, yae for me!!!
Here it is, hope you like it, remember, it sounds way more deep and a little louder
http://home.comcast.net/~inca6267/KLX.WMV

Hmm, it really doesn't catch the sound like I hope it would. I just listened to gravy trains recording of just the stock muffler, and this is WAYYYYYY DEEEPer then the stock muffler sounds, I mean alot. And it sounds like Gravys stock is deeper then my white brothers exhaust, which is definatley not the case AT ALL!! Oh well, I will get Bonafide over here to attest to the sound of my bike, its awsome!!

Old 04-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Default RE: Listen To My Monstrous KLX 250!!

Nice GROWL ! Sounds pretty good to me. [8D]

Old 04-22-2006, 03:08 AM

Actually sounds like a bike now, not a sewing machine like mine still does.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That sounds awesome!

You should make a recording of it while it is accelerating.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:45 AM

Doesn't seem like my link is working anymore? Maybe that server has been hit too many times, I don't know, I use my comcast account as storage space. Is this a problem??

Old 04-22-2006, 05:20 AM
JC

I just listened to it and it sounds great!

Old 04-22-2006, 07:12 AM

Dang . . . . . that sounds good!

Old 04-22-2006, 08:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll stick to my sewing machine

Old 04-22-2006, 09:22 AM

I'm still having to get use to the sound of this thumper. I am soooo use to having a tweaked 2stroke that I really don't find the "growl" of this 4 stroke all that pleasing to my ears.

Not knocking your new exhaust Bill ... just gonna take awhile for me to appreciate the sound of this bike. BTW - heading back up to Coal Creek in Tennessee the first weekend of June. You're more than welcome to come along. Not riding all that way - rather loading up in the truck and hauling. This will be the first real chance I'll have to put mine on some serious trails.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Bonafide

I
Not knocking your new exhaust Bill ... just gonna take awhile for me to appreciate the sound of this bike.
Naahhhh, if you don't like it you don't like it, its just the way of things, no offense taken. My coworker also rides 2-strokes and he doesn't like the deeper sound of the 4 stroke either, he loves the higher pitched "Bwahhhhhh" of the 2 stroke, like I always say, whatever floats your boat is cool with me. Hey man you wanna go riding today? I'm gonna go riding for about 2 hours and I will show you all the local trails around here, and there are ALOT!! that are legal!!

Quick Reply: Listen To My Monstrous KLX 250!!