license plate holder- an idea

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: license plate holder- an idea

i was thinking of mounting the plate on the luggage rack so it was no wear near the tire, you could do the same thing mount it so it swings up for the road, and lays flat on the rack for off road, for those of us without a pelican case. or mount it to the case...

Old 06-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Travis?.......come to the dark side.

Name:  Rearplatesmallwhite.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  98.8 KB

Old 06-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

hey can you post more pics on that i do like that, id like to see how it actually got mounted, where did u get it and how much?

Old 06-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Here's how I did mine. Cost = Free. Note - no ugly under-fender monstrosity. I did retain the license place bracket off that thing, though, and just drilled a pair of holes in the fender plastic and mounted it and the plate just below the tail light. The downside is that you no longer have a license plate light, which happens to be required in my state so I need to make up a few white leds or something to pass inspection when that comes up next year.

Edit: fix image link

Old 06-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Why not just mount it on top of the fender? That way you dont have to worry about flipping it down to go back on the street, personally i know i would forget about it and get busted, i think i am gonna mount mine on top of the fender, that way its out of the way and dont have to worry about if its up or down. All the crap kicking up from the tire will hit the plate if its underneath. Just some food for thaught.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The reason I went with the new tail light and fender mount is that it looks great, but also I wanted the plate to have a light. It only takes one cop with an eye for this kind of stuff to mess your day up. The install was easy, Gravy and one other person here has done the same mod, it's one of the best changes I did. I just wish I would bite the bullet and get the exhaust and carb work done. Hmmm I do have the Kawasaki card and could get it done at the same time I get the valves checked. Maybe.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Great Idea...

[IMG]local://upfiles/998/CB737BD0D64B4AEF991CCFBE6710BA92.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: license plate holder- an idea