Lets See a Pic of Your Favorite Local After Work Quickie Riding Spot

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lets See a Pic of Your Favorite Local After Work Quickie Riding Spot

Oh one more, this is looking east from my Geocache.

Name:  PC084161.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  36.2 KB

Old 03-16-2008, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lets See a Pic of Your Favorite Local After Work Quickie Riding Spot

ORIGINAL: deej
Deej is thata Sequoia behind your bike? That tree is in the background and still looks to be about as long as you bike! That's one big trunk...

Old 03-16-2008, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member

You guys really like your mud !!!! Makes for good pics!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine is basically my back yard. Here is the entrance from my street;
First section of my trails:
Blind corner:

Some mud:
Jumps:
More Mud:
One for Deej:

Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow! I'm jealous of all you guys and gals who have great riding areas right outside your backdoor. It sucksto live in a state that pretty much makes any open land off limits to motorized vehicles (except stinky 2-smoke snowmobiles, you can ride those fckrs anywhere you want in the winter around here... environmental concerns my a$$!)

Anyway, here's a google maps link to a little spot I like to hit sometimes. It's not exactly legal, but it's 5 minutes from my house and there are a bunch of good trails down in there. Once thesnowpack melts, maybe I'll actually take some pictures.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Colche...amp;iwloc=addr

Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtgreen

Wow! I'm jealous of all you guys and gals who have great riding areas right outside your backdoor. It sucksto live in a state that pretty much makes any open land off limits to motorized vehicles (except stinky 2-smoke snowmobiles, you can ride those fckrs anywhere you want in the winter around here... environmental concerns my a$$!)

Anyway, here's a google maps link to a little spot I like to hit sometimes. It's not exactly legal, but it's 5 minutes from my house and there are a bunch of good trails down in there. Once thesnowpack melts, maybe I'll actually take some pictures.

I thought that in VT all the dirt roads/paths that had the "trail, not maintained..." signs were open to allohv's (bikes, quads, sleds, etc). Have I been riding illegally up there?!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Name:  fdd90e3c.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  a6e8463e.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  94d856cf.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  6bc1e2ac.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  133.6 KB

Name:  3f160748.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  82.5 KB

All with in 10 min from the house....

Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtgreen

The land in my Pic's is all owned by the developer that I bought my house from. Everyone rides there but I never officially got permission. He has decided not to build any more houses in this section but he may sell the land off. I'm sure the new owner would put a stop to all the motorsports activity but for now I feel very lucky to have a great spot to ride.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onestarr99

Ohhhh, onestarr ..... that looks like sandy fun

Old 03-17-2008, 03:01 AM

you guys down south and out west are sooooo lucky!!!! looks like beautiful and awsome riding!!

Quick Reply: Lets See a Pic of Your Favorite Local After Work Quickie Riding Spot