LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Illking
pretty set on a 2015 KTM 350 EXC-f but the 500 exc and Beta rs 430 are still in the running.
Betas are hot

Old 10-11-2014, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I had ProTaper SE 7/8th YZ high and no name hand guards

I think I bent my bars so it was time :norton

Here are the new ProTaper SE 7/8th CR high
ProTaper pillow top grips and
Moose Racing Flex Hand guards
They are supposed to flex away when you crash I just hope they last and work.
Here you can see I had to separate the high beam/horn switch and the grip on the left and the run/start switch and throttle on the right.

Ohenry

Old 10-12-2014, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ohenry
I had ProTaper SE 7/8th YZ high and no name hand guards

I think I bent my bars so it was time :norton

Here are the new ProTaper SE 7/8th CR high
ProTaper pillow top grips and
Moose Racing Flex Hand guards
They are supposed to flex away when you crash I just hope they last and work.
Here you can see I had to separate the high beam/horn switch and the grip on the left and the run/start switch and throttle on the right.

Ohenry
Id ditch those moose flex hand guards and get the full metal wrap around style. They offer a lot more piece of mind if you just happen to nail a tree or a n object that doesn't move. Your hands wouldn't hurt at all ( from personel experience).

Old 10-12-2014, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North
Default Moving Pictures ~ in England

Short moving picture of me bimbling down 'Hollinsclough' a public road open to all in England's Peak District. New lane to me and its a lot rockier in the middle than it looks - that's why I had a lie down, stalled on a big rock, bottomed the belly pan and tippled over as had no drive (that and my lack of talent).

"Hollinsclough, Peak District"

My bike is fairly standard ~ 13tooth front sprocket, FI clutch switch mod, Michelin AC10 tyres, Acerbis guards, some rather bright LED spotlamps, er took the rubbers off the footpegs that's about it ~ but it does the job for me 7,500miles in 3 years and this is not my 'main' bike

Old 10-13-2014, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Here in NH or Maine, if a road has rock walls on both sides, it was once a right of way, so always a right of way, even if crossing private property. But the rock walls have not been maintained for at least 100 yrs. Unlike those that are over your head at times!
That could be some high stakes riding at speed, high walls on both sides, rutted 2 track with evil tall grass in the middle.
As you discovered, momentum is your friend in the tough stuff, the problem however, is controlling the trajectory.
And FWIW, I drop my bike like that in unfamiliar terrain often.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Finally got around to editing footage from the last Death Valley trip

https://vimeo.com/108753203

Old 10-13-2014, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice vids!

Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up pucker!?

Nice vid.

Bit of a pucker, eh what, just before 04:00

All's well that ends well

Old 10-14-2014, 07:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by willb
Short moving picture of me bimbling down 'Hollinsclough' a public road open to all in England's Peak District.

Hollinsclough, Peak District. - YouTube "Hollinsclough, Peak District"
No shame at all losing it in that rock garden-It's hard to maintain your line at slow speeds and riding faster is an invitation for disaster.

Is 'bimbling' some kind of Hogwarts lingo?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North

If i had learnt wizardary skills at Hogwarts i probaly would use a broomstick and not have occasionly 'rests' next to my bike when laning. (Not that i take the horizontal route very often).

Bimbling it some sort of semi-made up (from the North of England) word kind of means take easy gentle ride - found a dictionary definition "to wander around aimlessly, it was used in the military for soldiers who were wasting time and wandering with no purpose". So it kind of fits not a hard he-man ride just out for a "bimble"

Or this could all be complete gibberish, who knows. Anyway, may be going off topic a touch here better go and take picture or two.

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs