LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:26 PM
drm
1st Gear Member

Thanks Maximus. I have the Acerbis 3.7 tank and tried several mounting points to get them as forward as possible. But like you say, they are easy enough to remove.

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
Yes I do, sometimes. Haven't been able to move them far enough forward. But that is only when sitting. I pack them so I can push a knee pocket into them or suffer and ride with my knees open around them. You might be able to rotate them forward more than I have them.
When standing off-road they are fine, but I usually take them off for that.
They are top quality, they look mostly new after 13000 miles of riding through all types of weather and a few crashes in the snow.
I find the inconvenience is outweighed by the usefulness. But this has been my only vehicle, so I was willing to put up with it.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 AM

Hi guys, this is my '09 KLX250s (fi model).

Got a pair of Supermotard wheels last week, KLX650r hubs with 17x3.50 front and 17x4.50 excel rims.
Braking wave disc front.
Leovince muffler.
Acerbis handguards.
Modified air intake.
DRC Edge tailkit + blinkers.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM
drm
1st Gear Member

diggin those black wheels...

Old 03-21-2013, 11:46 AM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Pendragon;492468]Hi guys, this is my '09 KLX250s (fi model).

Got a pair of Supermotard wheels last week, KLX650r hubs with 17x3.50 front and 17x4.50 excel rims.
Braking wave disc front.
Leovince muffler.
Acerbis handguards.
Modified air intake.
DRC Edge tailkit + blinkers.

Looks like mine, almost.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by grahamgower
Looks like mine, almost.
I see you are running the FMF Powerbomb head pipe in combination with the Leovince muffler, does this fit or do you had to adjust anything?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pendragon
I see you are running the FMF Powerbomb head pipe in combination with the Leovince muffler, does this fit or do you had to adjust anything?
The Powerbomb header has to fit OVER the Leo Vince muffler pipe. So I had to make a few 2cm cuts into the end of the Powerbomb, to enable it to slide over. You then eliminate the packing seal between header and tailpipe, and use some high temp silicon.
I did not really enjoy the fact that the fat Powerbomb header is then fed into a narrower connection pipe of the Leo Vince muffler.
I then later decided to fabricate a fatter connecting pipe to fit over the PowerBomb and into the Leo Vince. This gave me the same diameter and flow all the way. Not really needed on the 250 anyway.
I can send pics if you are interested.

I picked up a sweet deal off a forum member and purchased a used FMF Q4
So I have ditched the Leo Vince. I am not using the O2 sesor as my EFI is now 300, with a Electronic Jet Kit.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 PM

The Powerbomb header has to fit OVER the Leo Vince muffler pipe. So I had to make a few 2cm cuts into the end of the Powerbomb, to enable it to slide over. You then eliminate the packing seal between header and tailpipe, and use some high temp silicon.
I did not really enjoy the fact that the fat Powerbomb header is then fed into a narrower connection pipe of the Leo Vince muffler.
I then later decided to fabricate a fatter connecting pipe to fit over the PowerBomb and into the Leo Vince. This gave me the same diameter and flow all the way. Not really needed on the 250 anyway.
I can send pics if you are interested.

I picked up a sweet deal off a forum member and purchased a used FMF Q4
So I have ditched the Leo Vince. I am not using the O2 sesor as my EFI is now 300, with a Electronic Jet Kit.
Ah ok! If you could send me some pics that would be great! I've been looking for a different header for quite some time now

I also have a Rino muffler that has a bigger diameter pipe that fits in the stock header without the packing seal but that thing is so noisy, that's why I purchased the Leovince

Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Are you still using the O2 sensor? I am not convinced that the 250 needs a fatter header. The original KLX 300 uses the same header diameter as the 250. These bikes seem to respond more to intake mods than exhaust. So unless you want the look factor, there is not much to gain from the money spent on a header. Put it towards a 300/331 kit if you are looking for power gains in a hurry.
I took the expensive route and purchased all the stage 1 mods for the 250, ie Tailpipe
Header, EJK contoller and never really felt any gains. I put on a 300 kit and BAM, instant power. I then had to get a reprogrammed EJK for the 300 as the 250EJK did not flow enough juice. The only mod that really made a noticable difference was a 20 Buck Uni Filter and a few extra holes in my airbox lid.

If I had to do it all again, I would go straight for a 331 kit plus either Powercommander or EJK. Game over, heaps of power.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM

Are you still using the O2 sensor? I am not convinced that the 250 needs a fatter header. The original KLX 300 uses the same header diameter as the 250. These bikes seem to respond more to intake mods than exhaust. So unless you want the look factor, there is not much to gain from the money spent on a header. Put it towards a 300/331 kit if you are looking for power gains in a hurry.
I took the expensive route and purchased all the stage 1 mods for the 250, ie Tailpipe
Header, EJK contoller and never really felt any gains. I put on a 300 kit and BAM, instant power. I then had to get a reprogrammed EJK for the 300 as the 250EJK did not flow enough juice. The only mod that really made a noticable difference was a 20 Buck Uni Filter and a few extra holes in my airbox lid.

If I had to do it all again, I would go straight for a 331 kit plus either Powercommander or EJK. Game over, heaps of power.
Ok tnx for the advice! I thought it would make a difference, going to take a look at the 331 kit
Powercommander V was already on my list of things to buy

Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Front row parking at the office.

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs