1st Gear Member
Exclamation

My SF, got a few mods.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 250SM
My SF, got a few mods.

*Drool*

Exactly what I wanted when I decided to get a KLX! Trade me plastics, wheels, exhuast, hand guards, and radiator hoses!

The bike looks great though congrats man! Now you just need to get your forks coated black.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
Just remember that the '09 & later klxs have the modified (weaker) shift star. Mine was fine until I let a friend ride it, he dumped it on its left side going about 5-10 mph and it wouldn't shift past second gear afterwards. Looking back I should have bought two shift stars at the time so I could have an extra just in case of another accident.
Maybe they changed it back to how it was originally on 2012 models because mine held up when I crashed on my left side. Shifter bar was bent but shifted fine once it was straightened out.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

the 07 those bars are off a yamaha blaster anyone that is 6' to about 6'4'' would love them i'm 6'3'' and i can stand 100% upright with them at the perfect hight no leaning

Old 09-20-2012, 06:30 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Intro/Pics of my first bike

Hey guys im really glad to have found this forum.
Since I would like to share some pics and also introduce myself ill do it here (hope you dont mind)
Im 30 years old spent my whole life in a small northern nj town with alot of forest around. Ive been riding atvs since i was 15 (all i ride are yamaha banshees ive had 5 of em).

Ive recently (8 months ago) moved to hollywood due to a job opportunity/try for a better life.
It wasnt longed before i started missing riding atv's and since i cant ride atvs on the street around here (legally) and theres pretty much nowhere to ride atvs around here the next closest thing (i think) would be a dual sport bike.

Im a first time motorcycle rider but im sure i could learn quick due to the quad riding experience i have.
I dont think id be really into the supersport bike scene im more of an off-road kinda guy i enjoy the relaxed upright seating position of a dual sport over a sport bike and i probably have a better chance of getting injured on a sport bike anyway.
So on to my bike, its a 2009 KLX250sf that i purchased on ebay for $3200 the mileage is kinda high (13,000) but the bike was maintaned very well.
Ive owned it for one month and so far i love it, its simple to ride great for a beginner i like how lightweight / maneuverable it is and im actually satisfied with the power of it (for now). I did alot of researching on different dual sports before i settled on this one and what i like about 09 klx over the other ones is the sporty/aggressive/modern look. Most newer dual sports have a traditional square/circle headlight and 90s style dirtbike body. But what sealed the deal was the indiglo backlit digital guage cluster imo looks so much better than just a traditional analog speedo.
Only thing i did not like was the hideous rear mudflap/license plate holder but luckily i found a kit made by drc called the moto led edge2 taillight holder that fixes this problem i opted for the smoked taillight and turn signals instead of the red/orange ones to go along with the color of my bike (black).
Im very happy with the look of the rear of the bike now and recommend it to anyone who wants to eliminate the rear plate holder. I will include some before and after pics here.

Here is my bike (as well as some of my banshees i used to have)

STOCK REAR

DRC KIT

SOME OF MY BANSHEES

Name:  IMAG0729_zps6f952b64.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  578.8 KB

Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by 250SM
My SF, got a few mods.

Wow! Dig the blue and black! My Yamaha R1 is black with some blue. I really like the two colors together.

Just to ***** it out:

Name:  R1Blue2.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  112.5 KB

I'm not a fan of the green so I'm slowly painting it black. Just need to change the seat and paint the tail, and add some graphics for a bit of color.

When I first bought it:
Name:  Before_zps807b766c.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  275.3 KB

How she looks today:

Name:  After_zps350c3b32.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  219.8 KB

Last edited by Gavash; 09-21-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 AM
1st Gear Member

^ I like green, but nice transition there!

Old 09-21-2012, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the comments. Next mods are foot pegs, brake lines and pads, tyres, clutches and springs before i do 351.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 09-24-2012, 02:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tenis
Joined the forum today!
I Purchased the 2011 model of the EFI KLX250S in March and I have being modyfying it slightly to suit my needs since then. First thing I did was to replace the OEM silencer with a Leovince X3 dito (with O2 sensor plug mount) and replace the stock snorkle with the KDX dito. The completely legal X3 adapter was OK but it was clearly restrictive so the power was really dropping after ~5000rpm (I made the famous clutch-switch-shortcut to avoid the rev-blocker). The open exhaust adapter really opened up the breathing of the engine but I instead figured it was a bit too loud. At the moment I have again installed the "legal" pipe but I have drilled a set of holes in the pipe to get the "best out of two worlds", and I must say I am pretty happy about the "loudness-power" compromise.

Another thing I noticed is that I could for sure use some more seat height and ground clearance. For this reason, I installed a set of raisisng links today but I have not been able to test them yet.
Tell me more about the holes drilled in the leo Vince. I have one as well and the short insert is way too loud, so I use the legal unit. How are the raising links working out for you. I am 6.3 and need some height. Where to buy? Pics?

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs