Leo Vince X3

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy1321
I can't find a k&n filter for the 09 klx250sf. Is there a K&N filter that is able to be usedon the 09s. I did just ordered the dynojet kit, and I will have that installed next week when it arrives. Until then I will just let the bike sit.

I installed a K&N for my '09 SF. Can't remember what part # it was, but just did a search from whatever vendor it came from.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Just got done putting my Leo Vince X3 slip-on onto my 09 SF. .....
Hi Andy, no problems with Leo Vince burning the turn indicators? There are reports of it with FMF Q4 an Two Brothers mufflers.

I dig the looks of Leo Vince, it would probably be my next mod of my new bike.

Cheers.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

The DEP pipe looks WAY better, and sounds awesome too. DEP Pipes
Not too loud either... IMO - it was about the ONLY alternative to the Q4. Same dB rating as the Q4, but in a VERY SMALL and lightweight package.

I'm just trying to figure out how to mount a tool kit (or "something") in the vast space vacated by the stock exhaust. I measured 3.5"x3"x6" under the side case, and that's leaving room to easily clear the pipe.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Attachment 5229

Attachment 5230

Those that say something about there su****ion as to what looks possible with the Leo Vince exhaust and the melting of light indicators are speaking out of opinion and not fact. Since I installed the exhaust some 2000 miles ago nothing has gone wrong. There is a casing around it, yes it gets hot to the touch, but it does not come close to being hot enough to melt plastic it does not touch. Take it from me, there is nothing effecting your lights. This exhaust is great, sounds great and I still get 65-70 miles to the gallon. I can't tell you about the other about the other exhausts, I never had them, I just know the guys speaking about the Leo Vince exhaust that have not put more than 2000 miles on it are speaking from less credible position than I am. I know it works great, sorry there are some opinions out there that are unfounded.

Originally Posted by Sharan
Hi Andy, no problems with Leo Vince burning the turn indicators? There are reports of it with FMF Q4 an Two Brothers mufflers.

I dig the looks of Leo Vince, it would probably be my next mod of my new bike.

Cheers.

Last edited by Andy1321; 05-09-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry Andy if my question came across like saying that X3 may burn the signals.
I just wanted to confirm from X3 user that this is not happening with Leo Vince.

I'm going to do airbox and dynojet as the bike I bought second hand is stock. I had a money put aside for it, but I managed to strike a sweet deal with the seller (moving overseas, keen to sell it) so I've got some unexpected leftover bucks burning hole in my pocket. .

Already ordered IMS tank and nomadic rack and I was thinking why not get some nice pipe as well. Aussie eBay is flooded with FMF Q4's, Powercores and Two Brothers gear. I've almost pulled the pin on Q4, but as I always do, did some search for user reviews. And that's where I came across this FMF and TB's burning the turn indicators stuff. Some Q4 users report no problems at all, so it seems to be a controversial topic. But I didn't want to risk it and end up in wrong camp.

So that left me with Staintune (Aussie manufacturer), great pipes, but rather expensive. Leo Vince is known name and the search returned your post.

From your post I've got confirmation that X3 is good to go on this bike and I'll start looking around for distributor. There are quite few Aussie dealers stocking Leo Vince's but none of them has a KLX250 model.

Thank you.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sharan
Sorry Andy if my question came across like saying that X3 may burn the signals.
I just wanted to confirm from X3 user that this is not happening with Leo Vince.

I'm going to do airbox and dynojet as the bike I bought second hand is stock. I had a money put aside for it, but I managed to strike a sweet deal with the seller (moving overseas, keen to sell it) so I've got some unexpected leftover bucks burning hole in my pocket. .

Already ordered IMS tank and nomadic rack and I was thinking why not get some nice pipe as well. Aussie eBay is flooded with FMF Q4's, Powercores and Two Brothers gear. I've almost pulled the pin on Q4, but as I always do, did some search for user reviews. And that's where I came across this FMF and TB's burning the turn indicators stuff. Some Q4 users report no problems at all, so it seems to be a controversial topic. But I didn't want to risk it and end up in wrong camp.

So that left me with Staintune (Aussie manufacturer), great pipes, but rather expensive. Leo Vince is known name and the search returned your post.

From your post I've got confirmation that X3 is good to go on this bike and I'll start looking around for distributor. There are quite few Aussie dealers stocking Leo Vince's but none of them has a KLX250 model.

Thank you.
Hopefully I didn't sound to harsh, I do not take it personally, just think it is opinions people develop from a picture or initial installation. The pipe is close to the indicators, but it does not melt it, that information is not accurate.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Cheers, its all good.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Just got done putting my Leo Vince X3 slip-on onto my 09 SF. It sounds great, looks great and I could immediately tell the difference of that along with the uni filter I added at the same time. I will add Pics and a video link tomorrow.
Here's two questions about it.

1) Is it important to have the arrester on? (the x3 has four opytions, 2 with arrester, 2 without)

2) The directions say a jet kit is not needed, does it harm the bike if not used? If so, what jet kit is the right one for just a slip-on exhaust?

Have you tried running your bike without rejet? How was it. Any improvement on torque low to high end our was there loss off power.

Where did you buy it. Thanks.

If it works well without rejet and without opening the airbox, I'll get one. I don't know how to rejet.

Last edited by Pogiboy; 05-10-2012 at 01:17 PM.