Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners 8/23/21 temporarily down

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners 8/23/21 temporarily down

As said, Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners will be down for about 3-4 months. It is temporary. I will have some inventory, but because I am the whole thing from doing finish work to packing and mailing that it will be a while before my shoulder will work well enough to consider making more tensioner kits.

I wanted to let the KLX250/300 riders know I will be having shoulder surgery Monday 8/23 and will not be making any new tensioners after that date. I may try to get my son-in-law helping, but he's rather busy with his work at the Honda auto plant. I guess I will do what I can, but this is just temporary. I will definitely be back in the process again by the end of the year.

Old 07-30-2021, 04:40 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Good luck and good healing, Mark.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks... Reality is starting to hit. I have started setting up for a sub teacher to take my place. I thought two weeks, but it is soaking in - I will have problems with the simplest of tasks, like a restroom break, making it an even longer time before I can return to work. My brother had similar work done and it was I think six weeks before he could return to his work. This whole arm-in-sling, no movement, is really an issue and it was emphasized the importance of no movement and enough time to heal.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I wanna see a well executed pivot turn with one arm in a sling!

Good luck, Mark. Enjoy the meds.

Old 07-30-2021, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Heal well and fast! Having had both rotator cuffs done, as well as an AC joint reconstruction and a biceps tendon relocation, plan ahead for one of the most painful experiences you've had. Stay ahead of the pain meds, and be sure to ask for a circulating chiller unit and sleeve. I went through PT with several guys who did NOT follow instructions on the sling and use restrictions--and 3 of the 4 needed more surgery for a "re-do".

The business will wait, the sub will do fine, and you'll do fantastic!

Old 07-30-2021, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Brother said about doing meds well before the pain starts. I am setting up for sling use, calling off four weeks of school today, possibly will do more if needed. I have a chiller unit from knee surgery and will be checking if it will work for the shoulder too. I will follow the sling use and restrictions on use for sure. I don't need to do this twice.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Things are progressing well, but talk about feeling useless! Looks to be about another 2 months to wrap up a decent recovery.

For what it is worth, I spent the last few weeks before the operation stock piling tensioners based on previous years, so if anyone should find the need fro the kit they are available.

Old 09-11-2021, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
Things are progressing well, but talk about feeling useless! Looks to be about another 2 months to wrap up a decent recovery.

For what it is worth, I spent the last few weeks before the operation stock piling tensioners based on previous years, so if anyone should find the need fro the kit they are available.
I'll buy one.

I'll pm you.

Old 09-12-2021, 04:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Payment sent.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Hi Mark,
Just saw this one. I hope you're healing well.
Cheers

Quick Reply: Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners 8/23/21 temporarily down