KLX350SF Cams

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tremor38
Since you can mod everything except the crankcase, have you asked Bill how much chamber, port work and maybe a 3 angle valve job would be? It seems you're doing this step by step, so that might be something to consider down the road, and it would only compliment the cams. I doubt porting would cost all that much.

Jerry leighton at http://fourstrokeworks.biz/ 760-948-0325 has forgotten more about the KLX than most of us know. He'll talk your ear off for free. I use Skype Out from Japan to call stateside, not sure if you've got the same thing. Jerry used to work for Stroker Performance back when Larry Roeseler raced the KLX in enduros. He also performs cam re-grinds and I'm sure he has plenty of sources for head work. Is that what you meant by a 'healthy head' ? LOL!

I'm running a direct BMC filter and have a catch tank mounted to the front of what used to be the air box. Are you using something similar?
Thanks for the info!

My D-Tracker is mainly for the streets and the pics I post here are my street setup. At races, I put a oil catch tank next to the left side of the cylinder and connect a water hose to the crank case. The air filter is a K&N knock-off I bought at a local shop, then on the street I usually go open or with a screened horn.

I can get that ISP phone for a cheap yearly fee so I 'll see if I can talk to Jerry leighton. Thanks for the lead tremor38!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Just an update on the new cams:
Bill Blue emailed me about the 2 sets of 351 profile cams I asked for. He said he will send them to me in Japan sometime this week. He hasn't disclosed the cam profile to me yet but had said the cam company will "match the grind to the displacement & power that you (I) want."

He then said that the Cam company thought grind 55 was a bad choice on the 351... and asked me "You are looking for a cam that builds more power & RPM on top end correct." I wrote back yes and thought HELL FRIKKEN YEA!

Well I'm sleepless at nights like a kid before Christmas, I can finally drop my pants in 6th gear and hopefully the 351 with right cams will hold it's own and let me do my stuff without getting me own shait all over me-self

Meanwhile hope you guys enjoy this video of naked D-Tracker stunter I know, filmed at a closed port by my house.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTV1...layer_embedded

Old 08-26-2010, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
Ladies, search and ye shall find

What wheels are those? I'm toying with the idea of a wheel project..

Old 08-27-2010, 08:50 AM
1st Gear Member

CBR250RR in the rear, NSR250R in the front
If you're in Japan, you can use Honda Jade wheels too

Old 08-27-2010, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, I'm in Chiba..
I have a set of GSX250RR wheels lying around, seems to be a big job converting them, so trying to find the 'easiest' solution. I'll check out the Hondas.