KLX250S Drive away price

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX250S Drive away price

ORIGINAL: mooredan

I bought my 2007 KLX250S on Saturday (01/20/2007) at MotoAdventure Kawasaki in Fort Collins, CO

Here's the itemized bill:

Bike: $4500.00
Credit Card Fee: $90.00
CO sales tax $133.11

Total: $4723.11 out the door

I still need to pay for licensing though. If I had paid cash, they would have dropped the $90 credit card fee, but I wanted the miles.

I emailed them initially and they quoted my $4500 with no fees. I think that having several feet of snow on the ground might have had something to do with the price.

Dan

Haha thats where i got mine too, I paid 4300 for my 06 back in June of 06

Old 01-24-2007, 04:52 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: double d6
Here in N.J. I got ripped, I paid $6100 out the door for a 2007 klx 250.
Dave
Damn Dave, thats a bit steep, this post is not intended to chump ya but to give some lurkers an alternative....I too could not negotiate a decent price for my klx with my local dealers so I ordered one from Honda East (check traderonline.com)I paid $4199 plus 300 shipping and then tax and tag in S FL... it came out tojust under5K out the door but I didn't get the warranty like you did.......the bike was delivered in a big box which I picked up.....overall I would recommend Honda East, smooth transaction. This is what the bike looks like when ya picked it up.

Name:  pics049.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  60.3 KB

Old 01-24-2007, 07:58 AM

Wow, I paid 4,500 otd for an 07 right when they hit the floor. I called several dealers in my area and got the best deal. Some of them thought I was lying about the price I was quoted but it was legit.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

ORIGINAL: double d6

Here in N.J. I got ripped, I paid $6100 out the door for a 2007 klx 250.
I paid $2 something for prep
I paid $2 something for delivery
I paid $300 for a4 year warranty
I paid $4799 for bike
Plus tax plates title...........
BUT I made them throw in a FREE $200 helmet....I got them

There was absolutley no negotiating here......AND I happen to be an auto wholesaler....so I do know how to haggle........

I just signed on the dotted line and pay 7.9% interest........of course as soon as taxes come in, this will pay off the bike and some other stuff!!!

Bottom line.......I couldn't be happier.......off road- on road in a flash......PURE FUN!!
Can you really put a price on that???

I know some will frown, but I'm a positive person with a somewhat impulsive buying attitude, I see it, I want it....I BUY it!!!!!!!!! I very rarley try to haggle or penny pinch unless it has to do with my business.
Stay Safe and Have fun Life is FAR TOO SHORT!!!!

Dave
if you knew how to haggle, why didn't ya? you could've got a KX250F for that price. at least you KNOW you got screwed. life may be "far too short", but it is easier when you have more money in your pocket and more self gratitude knowing you got a good deal. at least you got an extended warranty and a helmet.
Well.........As stated in my post......There was no negotiating at all with the three dealers I called and went to.....I knew the MSRP and how all the add on fees where pretty much extra profit but at the same time I'm happy......NOT that I need you to remind me I got SCREWED!!!
My point is.......I personally don't feel the need to penny pinch on every aspect of life. We all have a limit on how we want to spend our money and for me this was a gift to myself that I never ever do, so while I may be at the high end, I also pay the most insurance and property taxes in the country too and when I retire my pension will be worth 30%less here in Nj than if I lived say 100 miles away. All and All in perspective-- the extra few hundred I may have spent to have the bike within an hour was more than worth it to me. I just thought I would respond to the post asking about O T D price..not a theory about me and my self gratitude................Hey lifeIS too short....now I need to go check under my couch for some loose change so I can feel better about myself...........thanks Iowaguy[sm=imsmilin.gif]