KLX250 In The Twisties

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default KLX250 In The Twisties

I mostly ride my 2009 KLX250S to and from work on surface streets and on the weekends I have a little motocross track set up in a wide open area that is earmarked for a big construction project. The land has been for sale for years but until they sell it, I'll continue to poach it! Yesterday I wanted to go for a ride but didn't feel like riding my local track. Instead I decided to go out for a casual ride in the hills. I live in Sonoma County, CA. It's wine country around here and we have miles and miles of twisting, hilly roads that run like veins throughout the region. It's beautiful countryside, lined with hundred year old oak trees and vineyards. I have a 50 mile loop that I like to ride and usually do it on my BMW F650. This time I decided to take the KLX instead. All I can say is, "What a f**k**g blast!!!" I had no idea the KLX handled so well on country back roads. I think it handled better than my Dakar. Possibly because it is so much lighter and easy to throw into turns. Anyway, if you haven't tried it, mix up your dirt riding with some good old twisties. It will put a whole new smile on your face!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Dirt plus twisties = a blast. That's how I roll. Oh and......

Name:  this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif
Views: 41
Size:  11.7 KB

Its not nice to talk about something and not have the photographic evidence to back it up.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll vouch for that. Down here in Austin we have a road called "Cow Creek Road"

A great road that has some river crossings, cattle guards (which sometimes you can catch serious air at speed) and oh yeah, the occasional Texas Longhorn standing in the middle of the road!! Today I am mounting my motard wheels....can't wait....

Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I love my KLX in the twisties

Old 12-07-2008, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

It only gets better with a motard setup in the twisties. I am in search of some dirt wheels so I can change and go off-road. I don't think my bike has ever been off the pavement. Hope she doesn't get confused when I put her in the dirt.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ddt1972
It only gets better with a motard setup in the twisties.
Name:  sideon.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  72.9 KB

Yes I know

Old 12-08-2008, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

The twisties are extremely fun on the KLX.

I love this one part of a grass field track. I just let the engine run freely and power drift through the turns.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on mark! if you ever wanna hit sum twisties in the east bay give a pm.
Originally Posted by markcr
I mostly ride my 2009 KLX250S to and from work on surface streets and on the weekends I have a little motocross track set up in a wide open area that is earmarked for a big construction project. The land has been for sale for years but until they sell it, I'll continue to poach it! Yesterday I wanted to go for a ride but didn't feel like riding my local track. Instead I decided to go out for a casual ride in the hills. I live in Sonoma County, CA. It's wine country around here and we have miles and miles of twisting, hilly roads that run like veins throughout the region. It's beautiful countryside, lined with hundred year old oak trees and vineyards. I have a 50 mile loop that I like to ride and usually do it on my BMW F650. This time I decided to take the KLX instead. All I can say is, "What a f**k**g blast!!!" I had no idea the KLX handled so well on country back roads. I think it handled better than my Dakar. Possibly because it is so much lighter and easy to throw into turns. Anyway, if you haven't tried it, mix up your dirt riding with some good old twisties. It will put a whole new smile on your face!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

sweet!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I have rode the KLX in some of the places that I take the ZX10 and think with some sticky tires it would be a hoot. It was fun but could feel the knobbies wanting to give up sooner than I wanted to. Might have to invest in some street tires.

Quick Reply: KLX250 In The Twisties