klx stolen

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Default klx stolen

My klx was stolen last night while I was at a conference for work. I actually left the conference early so that a buddy and I could add the klx300 pipe and make a few other upgrades. I just got the pipe tuesday.

It really sucks, someone must have ridden off on it because they didnt take anything else. There was a nice chain saw sitting about 2 ft from the bike and it is still here.

We live in a rural area. We dont lock our door and have never felt the need to. Guess that is going to change.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: klx stolen

that sucks!!!! did you have the steering lock engaged? tweakers i'm sure.....anyways sorry for your loss

Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Andy, sorry to hear that, I would seriously be in tears if mine got stolen, it just means that much to me. Let us know if you find any leads. Again sorry.[&:] Where are you located? I would talk to the 5 nearest dealers and put out the word. Then start checking e-bay and craig's list for parts near you. Nothing worse than getting something taken from you. I wish the losers would have the ***** to try it in the daylight. Maybe I should load up some buckshot 44 in the pistol, it might not kill a thief but they might wish they were dead.[:@][:@][:@]

Old 10-19-2007, 08:29 PM

sorry to hear that, nothing worse than someone stealing your stuff or breaking into your car. I'm just wondering how they got it started, you surely didn't leave the key in it did you? I don't know how involved it may be to bypass the switch and jump start it, but considering how hard the KLX is to start sometimes, that may take a while.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

that sucks bro[:@]sorry to hear it. hope those fools get theirs[:@]

Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

sorry to hear that, nothing worse than someone stealing your stuff or breaking into your car. I'm just wondering how they got it started, you surely didn't leave the key in it did you? I don't know how involved it may be to bypass the switch and jump start it, but considering how hard the KLX is to start sometimes, that may take a while.
It's actualy insanely easy to hotwire a motorcycle. Granted, the only time i've done it is on a TTR125, but it's the same procedure. Just unbolt the switch assembly (or leave it, if you're in a hurry), clip all the wires, connect the AC line to the Starter line, then hit the starter button and go.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I have had some one start mine with a paper clip It was some one who I knew lests just say he did not do it again

Old 10-19-2007, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear that man, that is low.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:27 PM

That sucks sorry for your loss good luck!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I feel some of your pain. I've been in the scene before, just not GTA, but house robbiery. Once it happens, life never seems to be the same again. I just try to remember as a milestone in history. Don't let it devirer you. Report it to the police, and hopefully something will turn up.

And yes, I would be ever so pissed too. I love my KLX, and would consider it again.

Quick Reply: klx stolen