KLX in the snow pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default KLX in the snow pictures

The trails were better in spots then others, mostly slow going but still fun. A real challenge to keep the bike up with the ruts from ATV's, went down a couple times but nothing major, I did manage to scratch the side panel when the bike came down and landed in the crusty snow, butoverall a good time. The new K760 worked well in the snow and I was really surprised the hills I could climb.

Out of the shed and fired up, getting ready to head out

Out on the trail, this section was in pretty good shape. You can see how hard packed it is as the snow supports the kickstand.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX in the snow pictures

Man!! Rear black fender, rims, and side panels really accent the bike and go with the tank to make your bike one of the best looking modded bikes I have seen. Nice job.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:14 PM

that bikes pretty sweet man!

Old 02-17-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Agreed, that is one sexy looking machine! I was going to take mine out today but scouted the trails with the atv (sportsman 500 HO) and considering the sled trails weren't hard packed enough to support the quad I ventured into some virgin snow........well when it got to be the same level as the front rack I decided that the KLX would stay in the garage today.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:41 PM

down here in tennessee we dont have anything. i kinda wanna get a good snow but no luck so far this winter. oh well

Old 02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawiridr04

down here in tennessee we dont have anything. i kinda wanna get a good snow but no luck so far this winter. oh well

You are welcome to some of ours. Still a couple of feet on the ground but the skiing is great.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member

A little off topic, maybe I missed it somewhere but what did you do to the wheels. Were they taken apart and powdercoated and relaced, or did you tape off the spokes and spray bomb them. Are they flat, satin, or gloss. They look kinda shiny in the pics. I think I would rather see the green rear fender but the bike still looks great.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:03 AM

well since u said i could have some of your snow.............we ended up getting quite a bit and i didnt even know we were suppossed to get snow!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Very cool pictures and ride! Thanks for posting them. Seems like we just get ice storms here in North Texas. I'd love to ride in some real snow.

I remember in another post that you mentioned black rims were in the future. Fill us in...New rims or powder coated, what?

Old 02-18-2007, 05:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey thanks for the good coments.

I used some gloss rust paint I had sitting around, and I actually did them with a brush lol. I know that sounds bad but I didn't feel like masking off all the spokes and spraying them, but even with using a brush they turned out really well. I was thinking about getting them powder coated but for the price to have it done and with themstill likly getting scratched up, especially during tire changes, I won't be as mad when these get scratched considering all it took was time. Plus I'd ratherput that kind of money towards a 331 kit!

Quick Reply: KLX in the snow pictures