KLX saddle bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 08:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default KLX saddle bags

I bought these saddle bags from Canadian Tire. I don't think Canadian Tire operates in the US. Saddle bags are pretty handy. I don't like wearing a backpack. You can still stand up on the bike with the bags and I don't find them to interfere with my riding. I think they were $80 CDN.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2207/32186A1F45D74FEFB8DF9E6C3A63F683.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-25-2006, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX saddle bags

from the back

[IMG]local://upfiles/2207/43462470B79E42CCB272AFDBD5B7F2AB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-25-2006, 08:36 PM

Those are pretty damned cool man, I need to get myself some too. Its just the type of terrain that I run my KLX in, it seems like those saddle bags would go flying off of my bike, how are they being secured to the bike? Do they go under the seat?

Old 06-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I like - got a URL for them?

Old 06-26-2006, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

go to canadiantire.ca and search for saddle bags.
they have about 4 types.... pretty basic, universal.
almost looks like they just hang over the seat.
naw - they must attach more securely than that otherwise they'd be hazardous.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:47 AM
1st Gear Member

The saddle bags can be attached two different ways. There are straps that attach to each side on the frame right were the passenger footpegs are. The other way of connecting the saddle bags is by putting the connecting straps between the bags under the seat. I chose to anchor the bags by the passenger foot pegs so install and removal is easy.

The shape of the bags perfectly fit the KLX. You can also extend the large compartments 2x from the size you see in my photo. I have road on the highway at 100km and this bag sits tight. They are tough and waterproof. Perfect for those long rides when lunch, water, beer, and extra cloths is required.

Of the types of saddle bags I saw at Canadian Tire this was the only one that would reallt fit the KLX well.
I found the receipt and this is what it says: 27-9834-0 DLX Moto Saddle $89.99CDN. The brand name on the bags is Sidewind.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 AM

Hey I know this an old post but I love these bags! Thanks for passing on the info. They fit my bro's DRZ really well too!

Cheers

Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 AM

If those are not available in the US, the Cortech Sport saddlebags are pretty similar. The connect very well to the bike and don't move at all. The Canadian bags appear to be a bit larger, though. I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you are looking for in a bag. Here is a pic of my bike with bags.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

If those are not available in the US, the Cortech Sport saddlebags are pretty similar. The connect very well to the bike and don't move at all. The Canadian bags appear to be a bit larger, though. I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you are looking for in a bag. Here is a pic of my bike with bags.
im partial to the set cwgoff has.. can ya paste us a link cwgoff?
TIA.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a e-mail into these guys for info on theirs. I do not know if they make them but it's worth a try.
I talked to these guys when I ordered a set for my 06 XR-650L and they said the Honda and the DZR-400s
were the most popular bags they make. I liked them really well.

http://www.moto-sportpanniers.com/dirtbagz/index.html

Quick Reply: KLX saddle bags