KLX crimefightin'

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default KLX crimefightin'

About an hour ago I am sitting at my desk responding to emails and drinking my morning moster coffee when I hear the familiar screech and boom that signals a crash in front of the shop.
This time its a green SUV driverside down and a F150 missing the drivers side front wheal hub etc. My neighbor was there ahead of me and was looking for something to break the window to get the driver of the SUV out when we see an arm sticking out from under the back window. We roll the car off the guy and it turns out it was the driver trying to get out. Doctor was on scene trying to check him out and the driver was trying to get up. So one of the guys held him down. Police show up and we tell them what happened then head back to our shops. In the background we hear a comotion and the SUV Driver is running down the road across the wall and into the ocean pursued by police right up to the edge of the beach. The police just are kind of watching him so I step into the shop drop my wallet phone and shoes on the floor and grab a pair of dive boots. Jump on the KLX and ride down the beach to where I can get clossest to the guy and then go out and drag him back in.
Team KLX we catch more bad guys before 9 O'clock than most people do all day!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Ha ha ha ha, that's funny as hell!! What a good Samaritan. Jim you need a helmet cam, that would have been great to have video of that!! Just like on COP's.
Dan

Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

LOL!...that was outstanding. What a goofball! Did you ever hear if the idiot was drunk, high, crazy, or something else?

Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

That's awesome!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Holy crap.

Talk about ordinary people doing extra ordinary things.

Good for you, your my hero.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Good job! Way to step up, get involved and make a difference.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I started out thinking it may be a time is of the essence situation becuase of leaking gasoline drainging out of the tank when I came up. but engine was off and exhaust was above the leak. No fire & thats all I was really worried about. Not that big of a deal the guy was drunk as a skunk(I could smell it when I was dragging him in) and I had him by about 100#. Also I am in my element in the water. He did not even put up a fight. Just wish I would have gotten a shot of the bike in the middle of everything. Funny thing is my cell phone is waterproof so I chould have left it in my pocket and taken some action shots
I have been at this location for about 5 years and about every other month there is an accident. where my neighbor and I are the first on the scene to do anything besides look. My neighbor usually gets there first as he is 40-50 yards closer to the intersection.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Your Batman.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

What exactly was going through that SUV driver's mind? He got caught in an accident, nearly crushed under his SUV, tries to run from help, and still manages to run away from the cops for a swim! That guy must have been completely lost or clueless.

Good job on your end.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Dude that too good to not be true!!! Excellent!

Quick Reply: KLX crimefightin'