Klx 250s exhaust and rejet

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Any use of silicone would require a full cure for the application to be effective, before running the machine.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I use the Permatex copper colored High-temp stuff, and yes waiting a day to let it cure is the hardest part of putting a brand new muffler on.
Dan

Old 06-07-2011, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
I use the Permatex copper colored High-temp stuff, and yes waiting a day to let it cure is the hardest part of putting a brand new muffler on.
Dan
Good call. This copper one goes much higher temp. But I'll try the red again because I still have some of it!
Permatex® Ultra Copper® Maximum Temperature RTV Silicone Gasket Maker

Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm going to do mine right before my fishing trip to NH (then there is no way I will be tempted to ride it)

Old 06-08-2011, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by brutus5000
Thank you guys for all your help. i went with the HMF exhaust and the dynojet system. I took of the the airbox lid also. What a improvement so much better. I was wondering if there was anything i could do to keep the exhaust temperature down and stop some popping on decel?
How much does all of this cost? Did you install all these mods/upgrades yourself or did an authorized Kawasaki dealer install them? Anybody have links to Dynojet system? Interested to know if these parts can be installed fairly easily or if welding is involved. I'm a little apprehensive about meddling with the airbox, but if it's straightforward, I'd give it a go. Haven't even got 300 kilometres on my KLX250S yet.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:26 AM

I went with hmf exhaust and rejetted the carb with the dynojet system. This bike is so much better now. But the exhaust tend to get hot and pop on decel. If i remove the air intake system will it help or will it hurt the performance?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by ray1979
I did the fmf q4 and power bomb and the dynojet stage 2 and uni filter with snorkel removed at the same time and can honestly say it was a major improvement. In stock form the bike need quite at bit of time to warm up and had a nasty flat spot just off of idle after the mod all disappeared and the bike runs great.
That flat spot is driving me crazy, doesn't go away until the bike is fully warmed up. I'm getting the same combination of parts as you in the next week or so....can't wait!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by brittlebrain
How much does all of this cost? Did you install all these mods/upgrades yourself or did an authorized Kawasaki dealer install them? Anybody have links to Dynojet system? Interested to know if these parts can be installed fairly easily or if welding is involved. I'm a little apprehensive about meddling with the airbox, but if it's straightforward, I'd give it a go. Haven't even got 300 kilometres on my KLX250S yet.
Dynojet - ~$55
HMF exhaust - ~$280
Kouba Screw - ~$25

All a relatively simple do it yourself job.. just take your time.

Last edited by Matasickle; 06-08-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 PM
1st Gear Member

This is the DynoJet kit you want:
Amazon.com: Dynojet Research Intake Performance Kit - Stage 1 2206: Automotive
Here is a great seller HMF seller:
HMF Kawasaki KLX250 (06-10) Polished S/O Exhaust | eBay
And I have an extra Kouba screw that no one has scooped up yet.. $23 shipped.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by brutus5000
I went with hmf exhaust and rejetted the carb with the dynojet system. This bike is so much better now. But the exhaust tend to get hot and pop on decel. If i remove the air intake system will it help or will it hurt the performance?
Are you speaking of the emissions air injection equipment? If so, it's designed to let air into the exhaust stream so that the stock catalytic converter can do it's job in cleaning up unburned fuels. I removed mine and it helped reduce pop and keep the exhaust pipe temp much lower.

Quick Reply: Klx 250s exhaust and rejet