Kawasaki D -tracker info help !!!im new

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Default Kawasaki D -tracker info help !!!im new

Hey guys im shan ...n im from Srilanka

Well i got a couple of questions
1. IN The kawasaki klx d-trakcer -how do u identify the model
in srilanka most of the bikes come from unknown places n the sellers modify n lie putting fake years on the bike eg..a 2002 d traker they modify the tail n mud guards and say its a 2004 r 5 --Because we srilankans have no idea in finding them

So the only way we can try is from the chasis -

what chasy numbers does the 2004,05,06 bikes get (eg - in a cbr the r model is "MC 19" n the rr is MC 22)

Is their another way to find it

And srilanka the market differs because of the carb which models came with the sensor carb ...

PLS DO HELP ME AS IM GOING TO GET 1 ...thank you "Nice forum "...

Old 09-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Shan welcome to the forums, I wish I could help, but I don't know anything about the D-Tracker, but I will tell you that there will be someone on soon that might be able to answer your question. Again welcome and if you get a chance, post a picture of where you live. Later.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by shan
Hey guys im shan ...n im from Srilanka

Well i got a couple of questions
1. IN The kawasaki klx d-trakcer -how do u identify the model
in srilanka most of the bikes come from unknown places n the sellers modify n lie putting fake years on the bike eg..a 2002 d traker they modify the tail n mud guards and say its a 2004 r 5 --Because we srilankans have no idea in finding them

So the only way we can try is from the chasis -

what chasy numbers does the 2004,05,06 bikes get (eg - in a cbr the r model is "MC 19" n the rr is MC 22)

Is their another way to find it

And srilanka the market differs because of the carb which models came with the sensor carb ...

PLS DO HELP ME AS IM GOING TO GET 1 ...thank you "Nice forum "...
Welcome to the forum, Shan!

This is just some preliminary info. I need to go see my Japanese connection sometime this week to get all of the info, but here's a start.

1999 D-tracker, model KLX250-J2, begins with frame number JKALX250EJA321001.
2001 D-tracker, model KlX250-J4, begins with frame number JKALX250EJA331001.

The above are from the English language service manual.

My 2006 D-tracker has LX250E-A12590 stamped into the frame.

Sorry about the big gap in years right now. I'll try to get to the dealer and look at his Japanese manuals this week.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 AM

Hey tremor thnx alot man .. And deej Thnx for the warm welcome guys

Due to high taxes in our country most of the bikes i mean around 80% of the japanese bikes are sent in pieces the importers call the bikes spares bu they bring a complete bike n assemble them ..n here you can get a bike without any papers or anything registerd the way you want it only cos around 200 usd .. so ppl change years of bikes ..

I have a CBR but im selling it ..to get a D-TRACKER .. cos CBRs are gud for speed n showing off but a TRAKER yeah itll rok big time ..
ive checked sum bikes //there are sum which has the blue rim n the normal rims does the year differ from that ,
and tremor .in your 2006 the rear tail (FLAP ) is straight or a l shaped one like in deej 's PIC ...how much does a second hand tracker cost there lets say a 2006 ..
In srilanka the traker is known as D-traker nt a KLX and market differs frm the sensor CARB thing basically a RECONDITIONED traker (Unregistered) will cost around 345,000LKR (3400 USD )

Old 09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Shan, I'm from Sri Lanka too hehehe.. We'r the only two Sri Lankan guys on this site..

The only way to really know the Genuine Year of the bike is to, take off the right side plate (one which covers the exhaust) and then you will see a chart with the year and corresponding month.. Look at the last dot that has been stamped, and that will be the year your bike was manufactured....

Where did you buy your bike from? Kurunegala or Colombo?

Last edited by Savagekilla; 09-09-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by shan
Hey tremor thnx alot man .. And deej Thnx for the warm welcome guys

Due to high taxes in our country most of the bikes i mean around 80% of the japanese bikes are sent in pieces the importers call the bikes spares bu they bring a complete bike n assemble them ..n here you can get a bike without any papers or anything registerd the way you want it only cos around 200 usd .. so ppl change years of bikes ..

I have a CBR but im selling it ..to get a D-TRACKER .. cos CBRs are gud for speed n showing off but a TRAKER yeah itll rok big time ..
ive checked sum bikes //there are sum which has the blue rim n the normal rims does the year differ from that ,
and tremor .in your 2006 the rear tail (FLAP ) is straight or a l shaped one like in deej 's PIC ...how much does a second hand tracker cost there lets say a 2006 ..
In srilanka the traker is known as D-traker nt a KLX and market differs frm the sensor CARB thing basically a RECONDITIONED traker (Unregistered) will cost around 345,000LKR (3400 USD )
Not sure about the color of the rims and corresponding years, but I'll ask if I can remember.

My tracker has the straight rear fender, which is model year 2004 and newer. Prior to 2004, the fender was shaped like Deej's KLX (enduro style).

Another thing different about 2003 and prior is that the fuel tank/rad shrounds are a slightly different shape and mount differently. I see a lot of people buying special brackets to to mount 2004 and newer shrouds to the older bikes.

If your carb has no TPS (throttle position sensor), chances are you have one of the older, but better CDIs (more spark advance, no limiter). I am running with a 99 and prior CDI unit and it helps with the upper-mid and top-end pull.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
1st Gear Member

The coloured rims, are not the original ones... So dont be fooled by the colour Shan..

Old 09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tremor38
Not sure about the color of the rims and corresponding years, but I'll ask if I can remember.

My tracker has the straight rear fender, which is model year 2004 and newer. Prior to 2004, the fender was shaped like Deej's KLX (enduro style).

Another thing different about 2003 and prior is that the fuel tank/rad shrounds are a slightly different shape and mount differently. I see a lot of people buying special brackets to to mount 2004 and newer shrouds to the older bikes.

If your carb has no TPS (throttle position sensor), chances are you have one of the older, but better CDIs (more spark advance, no limiter). I am running with a 99 and prior CDI unit and it helps with the upper-mid and top-end pull.
Threadjack.
Is that why my AUS spec KLX250H7 goes so well. The Top end is stormin'.
We don't get a TPS. We don't get the smog crap. We do get a KLX300R header and we do get a KLX300R high flow air boot. Maybe it's this combo that works just a little bit better than what you guys in the USA get stock. Interested to see what CDI I have. Tremor what is the part # of the better CDI. Does it have any markings on it so I can check mine.?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
Threadjack.
Is that why my AUS spec KLX250H7 goes so well. The Top end is stormin'.
We don't get a TPS. We don't get the smog crap. We do get a KLX300R header and we do get a KLX300R high flow air boot. Maybe it's this combo that works just a little bit better than what you guys in the USA get stock. Interested to see what CDI I have. Tremor what is the part # of the better CDI. Does it have any markings on it so I can check mine.?
I would suspect so. The CDI PN is 21119-1533.

Now I'll bore you with more details.. The box itself has wire loom coming out of it that terminates in 3 separate connectors. On the Japanes bikes, it mounts by sliding the box into a square shaped rubber boot that doubles as a vibration damer. There are two slots in the rubber boot that slide over tabs on a metal bracket that mounts to the LH side of the airbox. This CDI is also a substitude for the original KLX250SR CDI which is no longer in production. It's night time, so I can't check it for any other markings right now...just going by memory.

Look familiar?

The state side model only has 2 connecters total and they are mounted to the side of the CDI (no wires coming out).

Stateside CDI maxes out at 25 deg adv from 5000 RPM up, reduces spark at 10,500 and completely cuts it off at 11,000rpm.

The CDI I have (and probably you have) gives you 35 deg adv at 5000rpm and above. The spark is still going strong at 12,000rpm and there's no limiter.

Oh, and if this CDI comes on Aussie bikes, here's another good reason to be happy...It costs the equivalent $300.00 USD for the CDI, the conversion harness and associated hardware goodies.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the dark. I'll check it out in the morning. I 'll be stoked if it's another bonus to living the good life here down under. I was gonna wait to buy an 09. Got so much discount and extras when I got the last 07 in the store I couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki D -tracker info help !!!im new