Jumping klx250s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Jumping klx250s?

i jump mine all the time... im 220lbs.. does fine... i have adjusted front and rear suspension....

Old 09-07-2006, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

i jump mine all the time... im 220lbs.. does fine... i have adjusted front and rear suspension....

Have you changed out your springs yet and if not how far down have you cranked the preload on the shock. Say how far down from where the threads begin to where your top lock nut sits. 2 inches, 3 inches, where. Thanks...

LV

Old 09-07-2006, 06:35 PM

I am interested in your settings as well, EMS. I am just a few pounds heavier than you, so I figure I will start with your settings and tweak from there.

Going back to what Iowaguy said about bleeding air pressure out of the front forks before clicking the bottom compression adjuster - I have not heard of this before. Is this one of those things that everyone knows about so folks leave it out of instructions, or is this something that not everyone agrees upon?

I am trying to stir the pot, I just want to make sure that I do the adjustment correctly. I have a full day of KLX250S modding coming up this Saturday. I plan to have a whole new bike by early afternoon. If history serves, though, I will be lucky to have it done by nightfall.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ill post my settings later... and yes i have upped the preload on the rear spring alot... still the stock spring...

there is the video clip... that was after the first rear spring adjustment, i have adjusted it higher since then...

jumping

Old 09-07-2006, 07:03 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

I am interested in your settings as well, EMS. I am just a few pounds heavier than you, so I figure I will start with your settings and tweak from there.

Going back to what Iowaguy said about bleeding air pressure out of the front forks before clicking the bottom compression adjuster - I have not heard of this before. Is this one of those things that everyone knows about so folks leave it out of instructions, or is this something that not everyone agrees upon?

I am trying to stir the pot, I just want to make sure that I do the adjustment correctly. I have a full day of KLX250S modding coming up this Saturday. I plan to have a whole new bike by early afternoon. If history serves, though, I will be lucky to have it done by nightfall.

Yes, Inquiring minds want to know what your settings are, Especially where your preload is adjusted to. Iowaguy is right about the forks, I have read where before doing any front suspension settings you should lift the bike to get the front off the ground and then remove the the air bleeder screws on top of the forks to equalize air pressure. reinstall the screw and then do the compression settings.

P.S. I Luv Stiring the Pot, Makes for a Better Forum. But I'm sure most of you have figured this out by now. I also see where a post I responded to last night has been Deleted from the forum. So Thats how they do things on this forum huh. I See Now.

LV

Old 09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

speaking of stirring the pot... wasnt there a post where some guys were arguing about hd again? where did it go? i replied to it... but now i cant find it... maybe an admin got rid of it...? anybody else know what im talking about....

Old 09-07-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

speaking of stirring the pot... wasnt there a post where some guys were arguing about hd again? where did it go? i replied to it... but now i cant find it... maybe an admin got rid of it...? anybody else know what im talking about....
Ohhh, ya. It's been deleted. To bad too because I really made some Good Points in there and Suggested someone owes us harley and sportbike riders a appology. My gut says we will Never find out what happpened to that post. Your talking about the Harley dirtbike post.

LV

Old 09-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ah yea that was it!!!.... see i told you, you guys were gonna get us in trouble.... lol

Old 09-07-2006, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ah yea that was it!!!.... see i told you, you guys were gonna get us in trouble.... lol
Dont think it was the Real Admin of this board. he/she is a sportbike rider right. The comments I spoke of insulted them too. No that post was deleted by someone here who has admin rights to this section and was done in a attempt to sweep things under the rug and cover someones ***. Thats ok though cause most of us Know what the Real Story is. If you didnt get to read my last post to it you missed it. It was a Doozee and All True...

LV

Old 09-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

ORIGINAL: jsac

u should heard how loud it was when i landed and bottomed it out :x
thought i snapped her in half.. lol
how do i max the front suspension out tho?
I just told him how to adjust his front suspension in another thread he was in. First off, you have to let the built up air pressure out of the forks. I told him how to do that too. These new guys are lazy looks like.

You know if you are going to insult someone then you have two choices, 1 put a smiley at the end as to avoid getting a posting war started, or 2 don't post[:@]

Quick Reply: Jumping klx250s?