Jetting question for deej

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Jetting question for deej

Hey deej I was wondering what jets your using in your carb. I have the dynojet kit comming. We live in the same state and I dont ride above 3000 feet (at least not yet). And last did you change the pilot jet, and does the dynojet kit come with any? I'd rather only pull the carb one time and get the jetting right. I've seen so many jetting questions on the site I really hate to ask instead of just search

Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I must confess that I know nothing about jetting, I had P.A. Power Equipment in Port Angeles do my work. The Dynojet kits comes with everything that is needed. I ended up with some left over parts and jets, and then I forwarded them to another member a couple of years ago. I'm running the 132 and 40 jets, and I ride from 400 to 3000, and even on my "Epic Ride" to Oregon last month we got as high as 6500 and the bike ran with even more power. I don't know what that means, but sometimes at 3000 I get a sputter and it seems to lose power but at 6500 it was like I had nitrous on the bike. I'm still confused on that one. Around town the bike runs perfect. If you ever get a chance you should check out Tahuya riding area over by Silverdale. Its a blast.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:49 AM
1st Gear Member

hmmmmmmm well I am going to take a wild guess with my jetting and start with 128 main and see what happens. I will be using the stock header and fmf q4 pipe(which I love the sound of). I've been dying to hit tahuya before the rainy season.
On a side note, I took the end cap of the muffler and removed the dent. It looks 90 percent better. I will keep the site posted if the jetting is on or not. Thanks for the input deej

Old 08-25-2009, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I don't know what that means
It means your too lean, mate.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
It means your too lean, mate.
Concur.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

If hes running too lean and is using the 132 main jet which is the biggest jet they supply. Is it the needle clip position deej needs to change?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Most likely that would probably do the trick. The needle affects roughly 1/4 through 3/4 throttle position, so unless Deej is running WOT, the needle clip would probably be a good start. So lower the needle clip one position, thereby raising the needle, and allowing more fuel in. Note that things will now get a bit rich at the higher altitudes, but if you don't ride in the higher altitudes predominantly, its probably best to jet for what you ride the most.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member

actually, its hard to say because he didnt say where in the powerband he was running it. It could be everywhere, or could be just the middle....doubt it was the bottom end though with that 40 pilot in there...or it could be WOT, maybe. And just cuz 132 is the highest they have doesnt mean thats like some sort of magical end all to jetting. If its too small, its too small...toss it and get a standard jet. Your going to have to convert it though, because jets are not all equal throughout brands.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 AM
1st Gear Member

I wonder if putting the stock air filter on would help or if it would be negligible. I really want to get the jetting right on the first shot LOL but I am willing to pull my carb several times to get it right

Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 AM
1st Gear Member

EXACTLY, pulling the damn carb is in the pain in the sack.

I would rather "tweak" the jetting by other means. Switching between stock and KDX snorkels, taking the snorkle out, taking the lid off, switching between KN, UNI, and stock air filter. Apply and removing exhaust plug.

those jets are a pain. I cant wait till I get EFI someday.

Quick Reply: Jetting question for deej