I've owned the bike one week now

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I've owned the bike one week now

I've only put 100 miles on it (all on blacktop) but so far I really like it. My productivity at work has dropped because I'm still trying to get through that mega thread over on advrider. I'm on page 110 right now. I've also found myself scanning google maps for some trails to hit up between work and home, as well as checking out aftermarket parts (I ordered needles, jets, filter).

I'm sure most of you can relate, I just can't wait for the weekend so I can go find some dirt!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member

hell Yeah keep us Updated,, Pics Pics Pics!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Rode it into work today. Somehow I ended up with a flat rear tire. I have to run over to the dealership at lunch to pick up my plates so hopefully they'll replace the tube without trying to charge too much.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BriansZ
I've only put 100 miles on it (all on blacktop) but so far I really like it. My productivity at work has dropped because I'm still trying to get through that mega thread over on advrider. I'm on page 110 right now. I've also found myself scanning google maps for some trails to hit up between work and home, as well as checking out aftermarket parts (I ordered needles, jets, filter).

I'm sure most of you can relate, I just can't wait for the weekend so I can go find some dirt!
I have owned my KLX 1 week to day and have clocked up 174 miles so far i love my KLX good luck with yours BriansZ..

Old 05-23-2009, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Do the tube yourself. Ya gotta learn sometime and it's better in the garage than out on the trail.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Had mine a couple weeks now got about 350 miles on it. Did all the mods and love it

Old 05-23-2009, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
Do the tube yourself. Ya gotta learn sometime and it's better in the garage than out on the trail.
I'm going to do it myself. It's been at least 10 years since I've changed a tube on a dirt bike; I bought a couple of tire irons and a tube so we'll see how it goes. I guess I'll be buying rim locks by the end of the summer.

It's only been a week and I'm already starting to get a long mod list in my head. I'll probably have a big bore kit by the end of the year.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buff36
Had mine a couple weeks now got about 350 miles on it. Did all the mods and love it
I'm anxious to get the basic mods on it. I'm actually happy with it the way it is, but I've always felt a dirt bike should at least have enough power to pop the tire up over rocks, branches, etc.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
1st Gear Member

The pipe made the bigget difference it will come up in 1st and 2nd.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buff36
The pipe made the bigget difference it will come up in 1st and 2nd.
Good to know. I'm thinking about the full FMF system. Hopefully I can get it by the end of the summer, I've been spending a lot of money trying to get my basement finished and I'm about to order 1500 sq. ft. of carpet and pad. I feel like all my money's been going into the basement lately.

Quick Reply: I've owned the bike one week now