It's a Miracle

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default It's a Miracle

[sm=devilangel.gif] My bike has been put back together and it started right up. This is great as I had visions of hauling it back to a dealer in a cardboard box. Have I told you before that my nickname is not Mr. Fixit? With the carb, airbox, and muffler mods along with the weatherman cooperating (60 deg yesterday) I took her out for a 60 mile spin. The Muzzy sounds great and the bike definitely has more power. I'm still trying to keep the rpm's down as the mileage now reads 240. I'm trying to keep it below 6000 at least until It hits 500 miles. So as far as a ride report: My 13T countershaft is not enough for the rocks and hills of Arkansas. Cannot go slow enough through the rough sections, especially on the steep hills. Will be looking for a 45 or 48T rear to compliment the front sprocket. And even though the temp hit 60, we had patches of snow on the roads on north slopes. Coming down a steep hill to a creek crossing, Bucky, my rides new name, decided to stop suddenly in the middle of the creek. Time Warp. As I was flying over the handlebars I was thinking of how cold this was going to be. Seems my tire sank into the stream washed gravel and came to a sudden halt. My only mishap of the day. Bucky is fine. I may have to seek counseling. So I guess this kinda qualifies as a brag/whine post.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: It's a Miracle

lol, did ya end up in the water?

Old 02-07-2007, 06:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh yes, but was there really any doubt. I won't swear to it but I think I heard Bucky laughing. Would changing it's jets be appropriate?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

uve added an aftermarket exhaust and not jetted it yet? if so id be easy or not ride it at all.. ur most likely runnin REALLY lean as this bike is lean from the factory... might want to think about upgrading ur snorkel or totally removing it (and/or the airlid) before you have it jetted.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
1st Gear Member

In a previous post he said he rejetted, so I'm not sure what he meant.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fishfinder

Oh yes, but was there really any doubt. I won't swear to it but I think I heard Bucky laughing. Would changing it's jets be appropriate?
I think you should put it away wet, dirty, and hungry until it realizes who's boss.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

No Brakes,
A man that understands my humor. Gotta laugh at yourself on occasion.
[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 02-07-2007, 09:36 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: Fishfinder

I think you should put it away wet, dirty, and hungry until it realizes who's boss.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Back in 1989 I had a 85 Suzuki 250R Quad racer two stroke quad. One time I was going over a small creek and when attempting to climb the 2 ft bank on the other side I guess the combination of not keeping my weight forward and the fact that it was a really fast two stroke, I ended up flipping the quad over on myself upside down in the creek bed, I'm glad it was almost dry, unfortuanately the rocks at the bottom were the size of large grapefruits, and luckily my then brother in law was there to drag the quad off of me, but I felt like I had been beaten up by baseball bats. I sat there for at least 30 minutes trying not to cry or throw up. Good times...........NOT!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Damn it happened again.... says deej......lol