It's a good start.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default It's a good start.

Finally got around to selling a few things I no longer had a need for so I could fuel my need to mod. Figure I would just start with the basics and work my way up later.

FMF Powercore 4

UNI air filter and KDX200 snorkel

Kouba screw and DJ kit 2152 stage 1/2

I think I will get a 13T front sprocket next but haven't had a lot of time to research which one fits the 09. I guess I will be busy this weekend trying to sort the jets out. Let the fun begin.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a good start!

I have an HMF pipe with Quiet Core and spark arrestor being built, but, I put the same DJ kit in, and have been trying several things with the snorkle. NO snork is LOUD. So, I tried to bore about 12 1/2 inch holes in it. Definitely not as good as no snork. But, I don't have the pipe changed, yet. I also put on the Kouba screw. But, for now, I'm stuck for a few more days.

Have fun! I sure am!

Old 08-18-2010, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I wondered what difference it would make if you cut the stock snorkel off about a half inch below the bottom of the cover.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TexasKawai
I wondered what difference it would make if you cut the stock snorkel off about a half inch below the bottom of the cover.
I was thinking about cutting off the part that is outside the box...only leave one 90 degree bend...then cut off. I've already drilled several 1/2 inch holes in the part that's in the box. It's too rich with a 128 main and a snorkle. But, still waiting on the HMF slip-on.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackheart58
I was thinking about cutting off the part that is outside the box...only leave one 90 degree bend...then cut off. I've already drilled several 1/2 inch holes in the part that's in the box. It's too rich with a 128 main and a snorkle. But, still waiting on the HMF slip-on.

I have a shortened KDX snorkle in backwards plus I cut the 90 off the stocker and put it directly over the air filter. My filter almost touches the cover.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey TexasKaw, let me know if you want to ride sometime. I live between Boyd and Bridgeport.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I think I will get a 13T front sprocket next but haven't had a lot of time to research which one fits the 09. I guess I will be busy this weekend trying to sort the jets out. Let the fun begin.
See my sig for the 13 tooth PN from Moose that I have on my '09.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
Hey TexasKaw, let me know if you want to ride sometime. I live between Boyd and Bridgeport.
That's not too far. You have some good riding spots? I haven't really found much yet.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
See my sig for the 13 tooth PN from Moose that I have on my '09.
Thanks much.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

That's not too far. You have some good riding spots? I haven't really found much yet.
Trophy Club is pretty small and mostly smooth double track. There is an OHV park in Bridgeport that has a lot of fun trails. There is Twinn Hills in Bridgeport, but I haven't been there in a few years, the owner is a little flakey. Rocky Ridge is the old standby. Red River is awsome if you don't get lost. I keep meaning to check out Crooked Creek in Waco, it's supposed to be great, but the owners don't allow loud pipes. There are a couple places in Ok. Lake Murray isn't bad, there is a place west of there that is supposed to be huge that I haven't been to yet.

If you have more than one day, Clayton OK and Mena Arkansas are awsome. I've been to a couple places near austin that were fun too.

Quick Reply: It's a good start.