I'm Baaaack!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm Baaaack!!

Hang in there, guy ... sometimes it feels like a roller-coaster ride, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just like a lot of others ... been there, done that ... and you'll survive, too. It just takes some time ...

Mike

Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

If it gets real bad go see your doc. He may be able to give you something to help.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

My advice, which of course is ignorable, is different. Skip the 19 year old. Very young people are almost always at a changing point in their lives at that point. "Irrational and complicated" don't even begin to describe the situations you will expose yourself to. In your state the last thing you need is additional emotional drain. I know you didn't suggest you are going that direction, but still.

I hear what you are saying about still loving her. Many of this including me have been through this. However, the worst way to have a relationship is when one person doesn't want to be in the relationship. You should only take her back after she can tell you she wants to be in the relationship for real.

Forget anything you did wrong. If you screwed up some things, so does everyone. If you did really do some bad stuff, then learn your lesson. Just let it go and don't go there again.

Last bit of ignorable advice. Ride to clear your mind. But don't ride if you are really impaired emotionally or otherwise. If you are really messed up, take a walk. No sense getting killed or hurt trying to ride.

It will work out!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:46 AM

Man, Hang in there it will get better. My wife and I are going through a divorce right now. I found out in Feb 07that the daughter I thought was mine is not. That was the worst thing I could have ever found out. The good news is that I am still best friends with my father in law and we go riding almost every weekend. As a matter of fact we are going up to the UP over memorial day. I still have good and bad days but I am finding talking about things with people is better than holding it in.

Like I said before hang in there. I would not wish this pain on anyone.

Jeff

Old 05-17-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow. This is real, guys. Lance couldn't have said it better when he said, "It's Not About the Bike!"
The bike is just the equalizer in our case. It's the common ground we all walk on. Life is what is's all about...and how we deal with what it throws at us. Here is yet another fine example of how important it is to get a little encouragement along the way. We all need it from time to time. These guys need it now and the rest of you are putting out big time. Kudos to the KLX Forum and those who make it happen.

Bill

Old 05-17-2007, 10:40 AM
1st Gear Member

I posted my situation in the Jo Momma section over on ADVRIDER and there was some sound advice mixed in with assinine comments. Getting advice and comedy at the same time was pretty handy. Best of luck Ginsu!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I cant imagine how that would feel if you really loved your wife. Marriage is hard, me and my wife almost split a few times, there is alot of issues still being worked out. One thing ill ask everyone, leave alcohol out of things like this, it only makes everything worse. drinking is not an answer for anything. Go riding, thats what always clears my head, no matter whats on my mind a nice long ride makes me feel better, even a ride on my mountain bike... Hang in there guys, Time heals everything and everything happens for a reason. We are all here for anyone who needs it....

Old 05-17-2007, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

+1. Very well said.