I'm all in ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default I'm all in ...

It's amazing how good enough never seems to be good enough. When I first bought the KLX250 I thought it was fine - did everything I wanted. Then I tweaked a little of this, and then a little of that. Someone said this is addictive and I think they are right.

At this point, I've done all the carb/airbox/pipe mods, tried the sprocket / gearing change, got new hand guards, upgraded gas tank, grips ... lots of bling. The only thing missing was the exhaust and I've been flip-flopping on that - whether to get it or not. Then once I decide to get it, I start flip flopping on which one to get - Big Gun, Muzzy, White Bros - so many excellent choices.

Back when I first got my bike and everyone else was doing the carb/airbox/pipe mods I told myself I'd do that in 6 or 8 months. Instead, I did it after a only a month or two. A few weeks ago, after doing the carb/airbox/pipe mods I told myself I'd maybe think about upgrading the exhaust in 6 or 8 months. Well, I just ordered a new exhaust.

I opted for the Muzzy full system w/spark arrester and quiet insert. It was really a toss-up between the Big Gun and the Muzzy but the Muzzy won out overall - it had a few more check marks in the + column for me. So once I get this I'll be all caught up with the "mandatory" mods.

So what's next on the list? Are we finally done now? Maybe the 300 bore kit? I won't even say that I'll do that in 6 or 8 months - we all know what happens then.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm all in ...

[sm=bling.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 05-07-2006, 07:02 AM
1st Gear Member

It is addictive, but fun. Before I bought the KLX I was briefly looking for an old enduro I could tinker with. Then, I came to my senses and thought, I don't want to spend all my time in the garage. I want to ride. Well, at least these mods along with general maintenance gives me a little bit of garage time and more riding time.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I know what you mean!!! I have been the same way. Waiting on the Muzzy exhaust system has really got me pissed! So I just had to modify my stock pipe ...... wiat till you see it. The 300 kit? yeah I'm already considering it, but this is fun.... not too complex, just fun!
BTW does anyone know how to reach through the phone and choke the people at Starcycle. They are truely a bunch of loosers[:@]

Old 05-09-2006, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks VFRPilot, I had a very good experience with starcycle. Ordered 3 day and received mine in three days. Luck of the draw I guess.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

It's amazing how good enough never seems to be good enough. When I first bought the KLX250 I thought it was fine - did everything I wanted. Then I tweaked a little of this, and then a little of that. Someone said this is addictive and I think they are right.

At this point, I've done all the carb/airbox/pipe mods, tried the sprocket / gearing change, got new hand guards, upgraded gas tank, grips ... lots of bling. The only thing missing was the exhaust and I've been flip-flopping on that - whether to get it or not. Then once I decide to get it, I start flip flopping on which one to get - Big Gun, Muzzy, White Bros - so many excellent choices.

Back when I first got my bike and everyone else was doing the carb/airbox/pipe mods I told myself I'd do that in 6 or 8 months. Instead, I did it after a only a month or two. A few weeks ago, after doing the carb/airbox/pipe mods I told myself I'd maybe think about upgrading the exhaust in 6 or 8 months. Well, I just ordered a new exhaust.

I opted for the Muzzy full system w/spark arrester and quiet insert. It was really a toss-up between the Big Gun and the Muzzy but the Muzzy won out overall - it had a few more check marks in the + column for me. So once I get this I'll be all caught up with the "mandatory" mods.

So what's next on the list? Are we finally done now? Maybe the 300 bore kit? I won't even say that I'll do that in 6 or 8 months - we all know what happens then.
Give me the email address for your wife/girl friend/other, and I'll explain how much money you have invested. That should nip it in the bud.[sm=bicker.gif]

Old 05-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Give me the email address for your wife/girl friend/other, and I'll explain how much money you have invested. That should nip it in the bud.[sm=bicker.gif]
So do you want my wife's address or my girl friend's?

[sm=bustedsign.gif]