I think I finally got a job

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
1st Gear Member

You guys are killing me and are goiing to get me in trouble!

I see this thread and think hmmm lets check cycletrader and see whats floating around.

First search and I find this beautiful fully farkled 09 ktm xc-w with only 79 miles on her and TAGGED in Florida with all the lights and crap...a smoker with electric start and wide ratio tranny.

text from ad: "2009 KTM 300 xc-w, Florida Tagged (Street Legal)79.1 miles3.5 hrs* FMF Gnarley Pipe* FMF Q-series SA* Moose Carbon skid Plate* Moose Carbon Pipe Protector* Hi/Lo Ignition map switch* Enduro Engineering Soft seat* Enduro Engineering Clutch Slave Cylinder Protector* KTM Light Kit with Rear LED Tail lights* Brake Light switch* Moose Rear Aluminum Sprocket (up 2)This bike is in Mint condition! Never been dropped or layed down! I have a 07 KTM 525 EXC that is better suited for my riding style and that is the only reason I?m selling the 300. $8900.00, 386-623-0342 "

A couple pics for your viewing pleasure.

Clean

Look at that weeeee little Florida Tag hanging on there..lol

The ad even has a 30 second video....gotta luv the sound of them smokers.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwy50...layer_embedded

Originally Posted by green242
Now if I could get a XC-W 300 legal, damn I'd love that..
You can tag all of the recent ones, the title just says motorcycle.

Just buy this one, I'll pick it up for you and take her out in the swamp to make sure she runs ok.....I'll ship it to ya in a few weeks..promise.

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 07-04-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:31 PM
1st Gear Member

HaHa Finger, I bet you would... 2smoke would be nice power to rate ratio, but what a pain in the *** it would be to fill it up at the station when you are out on an all day ride.

I am absolutely going to test ride one before I buy, what ever it ends up being. There is a cool place not far from me called Demlers, it has just about every environment wrapped up inside of a 5sq mile area, water obstacles, dense woods, mud, wide open dirt roads, hill climbs that will launch you like a rocket, and somebody even made a small mx track complete with high banked turns and all.

The local township now owns it. Most of the time you have no problems with the local police dept. Sometime you get that one guy who will kick you out of there. I have been lucky and not had any trouble back there. I do know folks that have claimed to have been cited for trespassing. There are some wicked mud holes that looked to have swallowed a 4wheeler or 2.

All this talk about bikes and riding. Man I hope this job turns out to be the real deal!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Angry

After speaking with the recruiter today it looks like the hiring manager told everyone they had the job and they were the perfect fit... Unfortunately for me, the second interview he promised me never came to happen and I did not get the job...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH:m ad::m ad:

Why do people do stuff like that?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

That sucks man! That guy is a jerk, plain and simple.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea, that really does suck a big one. Sorry to hear it.
I do a lot of interviews, and try to tell people right up front no offers are on the table at this time. IF we call you for a second interview, you MIGHT have a shot.

I hope you find something.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I am Greenhill native FourtyRI. How is the job market in the littlest state of the union? Graduated from South Kingstown.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, from what I understand the job market sucks around here, as well as pretty much everywhere else up and down the eastern seaboard.
I am lucky, our company is in a unique position, we are almost immune from the ups and downs of the economy. We are slower then usual, but sometimes thats not so bad, we can get some stuff done that we have been putting off for a long time.

How are things in Buffalo NY ? I sense the job market there sucks also?

Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea the economy here always sucks. it has always sucked, or atleast as long as I have lived here..

I miss living near the ocean.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to here the bad news.

There's always this though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo&feature=fvst

Old 07-15-2009, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: We're full time RV'ers. We live where we park it, but that's usualy out west.
Thumbs up Allways Look on the bright side of life!

Thanks for the laugh WestOz! Monty Python'l get to you no matter how down you are!

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "I don't care what you say, that there's funny!"

Just hope that it lifted Buffaloney's spirits for the day....

This message is coming to you all from COOS BAY, OREGON ... by the bay, I mean way!!

Quick Reply: I think I finally got a job