I put 120 miles on my KLX yesterday...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I put 120 miles on my KLX yesterday...........

......& my dupa hurts!

All road miles from outside Bridgeport CT almost up to the Mass border & back. The ride up wasn't bad(I saw a billbord for a bike shop that carries Husqvarna & had to stop & look) but comming back was hell. The droning while running @70 & the truck draft blowing me around took it's toll on me.

It probally didn't help that I was working for a few hours with my friend cutting trees to make room for his get away home.

I'm beginning to think the trip might have benn more fun on a Husky!

Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool

Im going to plan a little trip myself when I get tags on mines next month. Ive never owned a bike you could legally drive on the road so Im pumped to take a trip.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I did about 120 miles on mine today, just riding all over the county looking to see what kind of real estate is availible and where. Its so much easier to zoom around on the chip and seal and dirt county roads with this thing than even my jeep.

Highway travel is not to much fun, but under 60mph on secondary roads this thing is a blast. Alot more useful than my ZX-6R.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:50 AM

Rode mine to work and got outrun by a Scion box of some kind from a stop light. Any wind or hills is like dropping an anchor. Any distance and I'm taking another bike since this thing sux on the street.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

from what ive heard, huskys are really buzzy and vibrate a lot at hiway speeds. but freeway miles can get to you, i think its the lack of a wind screen.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:30 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

I've been using mine to cruise for sale houses too, just tooling around side streets and using the cell cam to take pics of the houses and signs. Super easy and relaxing at the same time! I dont think I've done a 120 mile day on this yet, not sure though. Definitely feel the rump after anything more than 30 minutes though. I frequently stand on the backroads just to rest the dairy air...

Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
I've been using mine to cruise for sale houses too, just tooling around side streets and using the cell cam to take pics of the houses and signs. Super easy and relaxing at the same time! I dont think I've done a 120 mile day on this yet, not sure though. Definitely feel the rump after anything more than 30 minutes though. I frequently stand on the backroads just to rest the dairy air...
Its great ain't it ? Maybe i'm just used the the iron seat on my 6r but i easily did 80 miles today before i started standing and adjusting the ummm ... junk and junk in the trunk.

Plus i saved myself about 20 bucks in gas compared to the jeep. I had to fill up twice, once just before the ride at $3.33 and again before i went home at $1.96. And theres no way i could have made the time i did in the jeep without risking a flat tire on the dirt roads or some serious suspension/steering wear.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I did 700 miles in 4 days.....my rear end was more sore than a noob in prison...

Old 07-26-2010, 05:43 PM
1st Gear Member

It was pretty hot here in WA yesterday so the wife and I rode double for 66 miles with shorts and a T-shirt. She used my full face helmet so I used the motox helmet with its visor and my sunglasses. That visor makes the wind even worse.

Mostly secondary roads under 60. Both of us had sore rumps by about 40 miles into it.

I had been wanting to try two up riding and the KLX has plenty of oomph for merging onto freeway or climbing hills at speed. Combined we weigh 275 or so. The seat is plenty long for us as well.

This KLX has a motor half the size of my lawn mower for crying out loud!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I think I could have done the same distance if it was back roads & it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

It was quite boring driving back after a afternoon working & knowing once I got home the weekend was over & back to work on Sunday AM

I was going to bid for a new 2008 KLX450R on Ebay & try to DS it for the road so I could use my KLX250 for a loaner to have someone to ride with me.

The bike went for about $3900

PS: How come there is no forum for the KLX450R?

Quick Reply: I put 120 miles on my KLX yesterday...........