I Just Noticed Something Very Interesting!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Default I Just Noticed Something Very Interesting!

I came in through the front door, and stopped and took a look.

In the Ninja column - 1995 topics 19390 posts.

In the Dual Purpose column - 1903 topics 20774 posts.

Aside from Off Topic, we are the biggest section of Kawasaki Forums!

Way to go gang!

Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I Just Noticed Something Very Interesting!

93 more topics and we'll beat them in 2 categories!

(Hmm, I wonder what can I come with that's interesting about ... oh, I dunno ... "spoke nipples"?!??)

Old 12-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Spoke nipples! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-13-2006, 03:05 AM

I'm trying to ignore the comment - don't need to go there.

Have lots of images going through my mind - none of which can be discussed here.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I knew it was just a matter of time, Hey Todd I think its time to ask for a KLX 250S image at the top of the page.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I just think there is a lot of interest in this bike. Take the new owner with the ZX10R, and his comments about KLX250S. Fun/ blast/ have not ridden my other bike since I bought this little bike.

Mine is my street-bike and is much more fun then my 1000 twin was. It just does not have any traits that bother me. It has the carb mods/airbox/de-smoged/pipe done and I am running a leaner setting then most you guys. It does not hiccup/ surge or any other issue as far as jetting. It gets better gas mileage now, then over the totally stock setup.

Scott

Old 12-13-2006, 07:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Uh, yeah ... "spoke nipples":

And here's something interesting about them:

They now come in colors!

(Ok, I guess spoke nipples AREN'T worth starting a whole new thread ... but you gotta admit, the colors are nice!)

Mike

Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Uh, yeah ... "spoke nipples":

And here's something interesting about them:

They now come in colors!

yea, i know of something else with nipples that are a fun.......

(Ok, I guess spoke nipples AREN'T worth starting a whole new thread ... but you gotta admit, the colors are nice!)

Mike

Old 12-14-2006, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Scott V

I just think there is a lot of interest in this bike. Take the new owner with the ZX10R, and his comments about KLX250S. Fun/ blast/ have not ridden my other bike since I bought this little bike.

Scott

That would be me! I really think there will be a big boom in these dirt focused dual sports. Especially ones with less than 36 inch seat heights! I think the sense of adventure and the ability to go anywhere anytime is incredible. I still have not been on my ZX10.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Scott

That would be me! I really think there will be a big boom in these dirt focused dual sports. Especially ones with less than 36 inch seat heights! I think the sense of adventure and the ability to go anywhere anytime is incredible. I still have not been on my ZX10.

I also had a 06 XR650L before the V-twin. I didn't mind the tall seat height because on the road it's nice to see over things. On the freeway the bike would move around more then the KLX250 in high winds.

I would love to have 174 horsepower in my KLX250S. It would be the perfect bike. Anyway, sometimes it's not only the horsepower as this Harley rider found out!!

I raced a Harley today

I raced a Harley today and after some really hard riding I managed to PASS the guy. I was riding on one of those really, really twisting sections of canyon road with no straight sections to speak of and where most of the curves have warning signs that say "15 MPH".

I knew if I was going to pass one of those monsters with those big-cubic-inch motors, it would have to be a place like this where handling and rider skill are more important than horsepower alone.

I saw the guy up ahead as I exited one of the turns and knew I could catch him, but it wouldn't be easy. I concentrated on my braking and cornering. three corners later, I was on his fender. Catching him was one thing; passing him would prove to be another.

Two corners later, I pulled up next to him as we sailed down the mountain. I think he was shocked to see me next to him, as I nearly got by him before he could recover. Next corner, same thing. I'd manage to pull up next to him as we started to enter the corners but when we came out he'd get on the throttle and out power me. His horsepower was almost too much to overcome, but this only made me more determined than ever.

My only hope was to out brake him. I held off squeezing the lever until the last instant. I kept my nerve while he lost his. In an instant I was by him. Corner after corner, I could hear the roar of his engine as he struggled to keep up. Three more miles to go before the road straightens out and he would pass me for good.

But now I was in the lead and he would no longer hold me back. I stretched out my lead and by the time we reached the bottom of the canyon, he was more than a full corner behind. I could no longer see him in my rear-view mirror.

Once the road did straighten out, it seemed like it took miles before he passed me, but it was probably just a few hundred yards. I was no match for that kind of horsepower, but it was done. In the tightest section of road, where bravery and skill count for more than horsepower and deep pockets, I had passed him. though it was not easy, I had won the race to the bottom of the canyon and I had preserved the proud tradition of another of America's best bikes.

I will always remember that moment. I don't think I've ever pedaled so hard in my life. And some of the credit must go to Schwinn, as well. They really make a great bicycle...

Quick Reply: I Just Noticed Something Very Interesting!