I hate being "that" guy !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 04:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I hate being "that" guy !!

The other morning I met up with lcpl0331 and klr-dave and we decided to do a 30 mile ride on the powerlines we both know. Actually He knows them a whole lot better than me !!

We were off to a great start. He motors that WR-450 right along, dont you worry. We hit the trail and found our way over to the powerlines.

Whats a little water between friends.

Of course I stalled right in the middle of the "puddle". Yes, he ragged on me for not doing the T connector in the vent line.
I'ma workin it this week, I shoulda knew better. It got deep in there !!

We had to run off line for a quick fuel an red bull stop

Then it was back to the power lines. Awesome riding. lcpl0331 sets a nice pace, very spirited, but not *****-to-the-walls. Its a great ride through the middle of a suburban jungle

It was fun to run through here with him, like I says, he knows these woods way more better then I ever will.

1/2 mile from our planned turn around point, klr-dave was behind lcpl0331, I was sweep. klr-dave lost his rear brake lever tab, so he had no rear brakes.
A-Yup, he found out going down one of the nasty steep, rocky ledges.
He tumbled over. I looked up, saw him pull a digger, I started looking for an escape. DOH ! I was a$$ over tea-kettle, 8 feet behind him. Naturally I drove my knee into the ledge, but good and hard. Major biff. Took a few to get some motion back in it. At that point we determined it was time to take the winding, rolling tarmac back to the trailers, instead of the powerlines we just rode down.

I hate being "that" guy that ruins a good Sunday ride. Whatta Dumb-a$$ I am for that.

Although it might not look it, the knee is swollen up big time. Couldnt take it after 24 hours, ended up at the local doc-in-a-box, got x-rays, a couple scrips and a hard time from the cute nurses.

Why the hard time?
Funny you should ask
She asked me where the knee pads were, I promptly answered, "right in the duffel bag" where I always keep them.

I guess that wont happen anymore.

I hate being "that" guy.

BTW, it was basically a waste goin to the doc-in-a-box. X-rays dont do much to help the pain, an I threw out the scrips. Got in touch with my accupunturist, she saw me the next day for a treatment. Way way more better.
Although she did "suggest" I wait a week before going off and leaving the knee pads in the duffel bag again.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice!

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Couldnt take it after 24 hours, ended up at the local doc-in-a-box, got x-rays, a couple scrips and a hard time from the cute nurses.

No wonder they charge so much and those places are always so crowded.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Gotta love powerline trails. I know when I travel down the highway and see powerline paths cut through the hills, I imagine what it's like to ride there.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Got in touch with my accupunturist
Interesting code word, we just call them strippers here in Cali

Good to hear you are not down long. I had a similar Knee injury, I wear the pads now too.

If it wasnt for powerlines we would loose half the ride areas in So Cali.

Have a good 4th!

Old 07-04-2009, 06:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I was "that guy" a month ago. After 15miles of street riding to get there, it wasnt twenty minutes and I locked up my front and woke up 20 feet away from the bike with a headache and sore left side of my body. I didnt leave 2nd gear the rest of the day until we hit the pavement ) and thanks to the bark busters the only damage to the bike was me and oddly enough those massive ugly stock mirrors didnt break I was very surprised at that.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
She asked me where the knee pads were, I promptly answered, "right in the duffel bag" where I always keep them.
Dumbarse

Old 07-04-2009, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I took a spill on the knee, won't get on the bike with out knee guards as well.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
Dumbarse

Aint that the truth.
Lets just say
Lesson Learned

Old 07-05-2009, 06:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I fell on my knee before I bought knee guards, I bought them straight after.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Was wondering if you were going to post up some pic's. Too bad about the knee. Still thinkin' of the Thrill-n-Chill?

Quick Reply: I hate being "that" guy !!