I GOT IT !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I GOT IT !!

Hello all.............
Hate to start a new thred for noithing but i'm very excited as I got my new KLX250 yesterday. I just love it! Put on 20 miles last night bombing around town. Got lots of wierd looks as you don't see many bikes in wiscinsin on Jan 2nd.
Anyone have starting techniques that they would like to share. it seems to be very cold blooded even with my garage being heated.
Thanks for the feednback !
D

Old 01-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I GOT IT !!

Congratulations on the new bike! Sounds like you're already lovin' it!

Old 01-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

[8D]Congrats on the new bike, I discovered one thing, my garage is not heated, and temps are around 40-45, and sometimes to get the bike to start, pull the choke out (obvious) but then pull it farther than the full open position, mine starts everytime when I pull it that extra 16th of an inch. You might give it a try. Later man and have fun.

deej

Old 01-03-2006, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new bike,I have noticed the same thing on starting and agree with deej that little extra pull really makes a big difference on starting in the cooler weather also have noticed you really need to let them warm up before you push it back in all the way. Ride safe.
Scott
Everett WA.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:06 PM

D,

Congrats on the new bike.

Yes, they are quite addicting to ride around all the time. Lots of fun in that package. No weight, just lots of fun!

I've noticed even though I have a lot warmer temps here than you, that if you pull the choke all the way out, it will lock in place. It starts there quite easily.

The idle pilot screw will have to be modified.

Enjoy your new little burro!

Old 01-03-2006, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Can you give me the details on the re jetting mods. I think this is the first thing that really need to be done as most bikes are so lean from the factory these days.
Thanks

Old 01-04-2006, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats! One more KLX junky. Is this what your looking for?

Old 01-04-2006, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Yup, thats the info I was looking for. Thanks Much!
I agree the extra 1/16' inch pull on the choke really helped it light off last night when I got home from work.
The Temp was 40DegF and she took right off, then just let it warm up in the high idle.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately we dont have 70 degree weather where we live Marty, so the little pull past the stop really works. But on the plus side we don't have hurricanes, I'll take the colder weather over that. LOL
ORIGINAL: Marty

D,

Congrats on the new bike.

Yes, they are quite addicting to ride around all the time. Lots of fun in that package. No weight, just lots of fun!

I've noticed even though I have a lot warmer temps here than you, that if you pull the choke all the way out, it will lock in place. It starts there quite easily.

The idle pilot screw will have to be modified.

Enjoy your new little burro!

Old 01-04-2006, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Unfortunately we dont have 70 degree weather where we live Marty, so the little pull past the stop really works. But on the plus side we don't have hurricanes, I'll take the colder weather over that. LOL

Deej,

I'm not a native of Florida, just a resident that moved here in 1974. I did not have a choice of where I was born, I was just along for the ride. However, I did find out that I can choose where I want to live, and Florida is the result of that decision.

Once down here, I found out how wonderful it is - year round. Yes, it does get hot, actually DAMN HOT, in the summertime. But after you get used to dealing with it, there isn't much problem. Just keep the fluids flowing into your body, the heat will control the amount that flows out of your body.

Hurricanes are something that for the first 30 years I had lived here, I never prepared for. Why? Well we never had any that actually threatened us. Then in 2004 we had 3 hurricanes that were aimed right at us. Actually none struck us directly - Jeanne actually caused me to lose 2 shingle tabs from my roof. The power was out for 2 days though!

2005 was another year that I've not been without power due to a hurricane nor have I suffered any damage.

For the amount of problems they have caused me, I'm quite happy with the wonderful weather.

You going riding today? I am!

Quick Reply: I GOT IT !!