Husky TE 250

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Karitane Pete
My son wants one of these, Road legal two stroker
Dunno if we're talking about the same bike here mate. I'm pretty sure the TE250 is a 4-stroke *shrug*

Originally Posted by TNC
... Those '08's have 5 less hp than our KLX....
Hmmm - maybe in pure stock for straight off the showroom floor, but the one I rode was significantly sharper and quicker than my modded KLX. Granted, the one I rode had a PCV and was uncorked too (Arrow slip-on I think), but the point is that the Husky has a lot more power potential than the KLX IMO. The Husky should be a LOT easier to throw around in single track too given how much lighter it is. It's much more of an enduro bike than the KLX which is very much a dual sport machine.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:48 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arctra
Dunno if we're talking about the same bike here mate. I'm pretty sure the TE250 is a 4-stroke *shrug*

Hmmm - maybe in pure stock for straight off the showroom floor, but the one I rode was significantly sharper and quicker than my modded KLX. Granted, the one I rode had a PCV and was uncorked too (Arrow slip-on I think), but the point is that the Husky has a lot more power potential than the KLX IMO. The Husky should be a LOT easier to throw around in single track too given how much lighter it is. It's much more of an enduro bike than the KLX which is very much a dual sport machine.
Arctra...I'm absolutely sure the Husky has noticeably more power than the KLX. I was totally yanking dan's chain.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

I looked hard at the TE 250 and was impressed with the power but with all that power come more maintenance (oil changes, value adjustments, ring and piston replacement). It was not the best dual sport bike either and that is what I was looking for. Still the TE is an awesome trail/woods bike (low weight and lots of power).

Old 07-06-2013, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Arctra...I'm absolutely sure the Husky has noticeably more power than the KLX. I was totally yanking dan's chain.
haha you got me too.

I saw it on one of the sites I was on earlier , but now I can't find it. 33, or 35 HP??? Dont quote me on it though. There is a 300 or 310 kit for Athena available for it
The one I may buy is the one in the second pic. That was a pic the dealer posted on their website when my buddy bought it.
The first pic is a newer one. I really don't know all the pro's and con's between the years. I'm going to ride it tomorrow and see how it feels. I am a little worried that I am dropping down 100cc's , from the 351 to a 250. What I ride, is tight single track, so the only need for power that I have is to get up steep hills and to pop the font over logs.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:00 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

dan, I wouldn't worry about the power comparison. Between the weight, the suspension, and the power, that 250 Husky will perform excellently. I found a true dyno test that showed 32.5 hp on the TE250. Knowing you, you will play with it a bit, but I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Redheads are Trouble with a capital T. Always have been and probably always will be. You have been warned.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh direct indirect warning.... oohhhhh

Old 07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
Redheads are Trouble with a capital T. Always have been and probably always will be. You have been warned.

Are they temperamental, hard to start, fun to ride????

The wiminz kind, right?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Correctamundo!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member

My TE610 had some great points but it nickle/dimed me to death. I was always working on that beyotch. Sure are purty though. And, I finally got the zokes to work right and man were they plush.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Husky TE 250