How will it handle with like 7 ft of air?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Default RE: How will it handle with like 7 ft of air?

Hey wedge, I checked my inbox but there was no pm

Old 02-29-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: diRtRideR

Ok I am seeing in a lot of posts that the suspension on the 09 doesn't really handle well on jumps. Are we talking like super cross type jumps that it wont handle or like five tenten feet of air it wont handle? Also I am just wondering what kind of protection people wear on the road. Am I going to look retarded cruising down the road on a KLX wearing a street bike jacket? whats the proper etiquete here?
Hey diRtRideR, after I did an "asphalt sample" on a former bike, at about 20 mph, (or less), and spent a whole bunch of time in the hospital, getting my wounds repaired [:@] .... I then bought all the good stuff. Never been out without it since! I have a Joe Rocket M1-Tech jacket that everyone tries to convince me "is just too darned hot to wear". The jacket has two full length zippers, right & left, front & rear. The sleeves also have zippers above the elbowson each sleeve. The jacket also has a full vest type liner. When you are moving, it's like having air-conditioning!! But the best part is that the heavy duty "Bullet Proof type of fabric is padded everywhere that it counts..., sholuders, elbows, back and tail. It's the greatest that I could imagine. i never get ired of wearing it! Good boots are essential and I like the Thor MX model. Good High Top ThickWool socks, padded riding pants a jersy under that Joe Rocket Jacket,and some gloves will round out the package. For me, I wear glasses and find that the Full Face Modular helmet works very nice. The brand that I have is ZAMP. It is available with built in a smoke sunshield, and the regular clear shield. The sunshield can be deployed with a sliding switch. I liek this "hat" very much 'cause it allows me to have a semi-open face or completely closed. It also vents very nicely.

Now, that's just one riders opinion, but it is what I use, so I'm good to go on and off the asphalt, (ugh). These items work great for me in the dirt, where I spend most of my time. It's been quite a while since I bought these things but I think I have maybe a bit over $500 in the outfit.

Of course I ride with Team Green/Monster logo gear also.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 AM
1st Gear Member

One thing they stressed heaps at riding training was no skin exposed, so I guess if you stick to this you should minimise the gravel rash if you came off, I personally always wear a jacket and if not my riding pants a pair of jeans, don't generally wear all my body armour etc if just going for a quick cruise.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rbarchi

Wow. Sweet Jump. You must have got 7 feet of air Napoleon. Pedro for President!!!!
nope, 3 or 4maybe,it was just a little kicker- but I was moving pretty good

Old 02-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I HATE KICKERS......

Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I hear ya, I didn't see one, it just about put me over the bars, []popped me in the butt; the little rack and my heals are the only thing that caught me!
I will be keeping the rear rack on my ride.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rbarchi

Wow. Sweet Jump. You must have got 7 feet of air Napoleon. Pedro for President!!!!
Ha ha, that made me think of this clip I made almost two years ago when I first got my KLX. It still had the seat strap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQJlsF59hM

Old 03-01-2008, 12:27 PM
1st Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0COd25qyRCo&NR=1 This looks like about 7 feet of air.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7s6xdorps
Here is a clip someone shot of me and another guy. It's bigger than it looks on video.. But meh, I won't make too many excuses.