How to Wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

It was a joke, I thought by throwing in the solar eclipse part I made that obvious enough? Standing on the rear pegs makes it much easier to get the front up, but I don't suggest learning like that.

Go to a grass field with all your gear on and practice. There's nothing in writing that will help you past the basic outline of how to do it. Go ride.

Last edited by CousinLarry; 07-06-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

My 2cents, get your suspension figured out. I'm a larger dude and after I got the heavy duty springs for my size it was much easier to get the front end up. Also sitting way back on the seat helps.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Banned
Unhappy cool!!!!!!

louboutin berlin louboutin berlin, louboutin muenchen louboutin muenchen, louboutin outlet louboutin outlet, manolo blahnik online store manolo blahnik online store, manolo blahnik online shop manolo blahnik online shop,

Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jklm676
louboutin berlin louboutin berlin, louboutin muenchen louboutin muenchen, louboutin outlet louboutin outlet, manolo blahnik online store manolo blahnik online store, manolo blahnik online shop manolo blahnik online shop,
tool.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

A simple helper that I like is to be in first rolling along in mid range rpms, drop off the throttle quick to dip the front suspension, then snap it back on when the spring is compressed nicely and give a nice tug while keeping your weight backward on the pegs.
I'm with Deej on the clutch issue. I'm able to use the clutch but not a big fan of doing it. Small errors in this particular area result in unhappy situations on the street and besides that I dont like abusing it more than necessary My theory is I'd rather replace a chain than a clutch.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I use the clutch to get it up. Usually 8k is about right for first gear for me, it takes some body english along with the clutch for second gear. To learn, get rolling in first gear about 4k, pull the clutch with one or two fingers, rev the engine to 6k and dump it. If that doesn't get it up, then try 7k.... At first you just want to pop it up, the release the throttle and set back down. When you get used to bringing it up, then work on keeping the power on the carry it for a few seconds. That is usually all you need for getting up steps and going off drops safely.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
I use the clutch to get it up. Usually 8k is about right for first gear for me, it takes some body english along with the clutch for second gear. To learn, get rolling in first gear about 4k, pull the clutch with one or two fingers, rev the engine to 6k and dump it. If that doesn't get it up, then try 7k.... At first you just want to pop it up, the release the throttle and set back down. When you get used to bringing it up, then work on keeping the power on the carry it for a few seconds. That is usually all you need for getting up steps and going off drops safely.
Thanks!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
nice write up on clutch variety