Help!!! After mods, bike wont start??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Help!!! After mods, bike wont start??

So, I am in need of some assistance!!! I did quite a few mods to my bike over the past few months. I am finally to a point where I can try and start it up and it just cranks and cranks and will not fire!!!

Just so everyone and anyone that may be able to help knows, here is what I have done;

1) FSW Shift Star Mod
2) HMF Exhaust/ Stock Header
3) Intake Screen removal and running with no lid
4) Trail-tech eclipse X2 Halogen dual head lamp
5) Clarke Tank
6) Crank breather mod
7) KX fenders and a bunch of cosmetic changes that shouldnt matter but included LED's all around including brake/tail light.
8) I already had a Trail Tech VApor installed and ran it all last year with no problems

So, With the ignition on(ALL lights are coming on and funtioning properly), the kill switch in run position, and my clutch pulled in, the bike just cranks and cranks but will not fire...

I can smell gas if I put my nose to the exhaust so it is getting gas, Wiring must be ok because it is turning over, the only fuses I know of are the two under the seat and they are both good, WHAT CAN IT BE??? and is there a way to see if I am getting spark?

The bike always started right up last season and I havenever had any trouble with it doing anythign but shifting. Which is Why I went with the Shift Star Mod from FSW. If the clutch is pulle din, than it shouldnt matter if the neutral indicator is in the wrong place should it? This is one thing that a bunch of people said would be wrong with the FSW Star. other than that, I cannot figure out what it could be...

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!

THANKS MAXX!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

hmm, put pitcock on reserve and try?

Old 04-14-2009, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Side stand cut switch, clutch cut switch. Just a guess.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Pull the plug and hold it when you turn it over. Get spark. LOL

Old 04-14-2009, 04:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Side stand switch was already removed and if my clutch is plled in should the clutch switch matter??? How do I eliminate it? Is it the wiring that goes to the clutch handle? Do you just unplug it and then connect the wires to complete the circuit?

ANyone know how to eliminate neutral indicator???

Thanks again,
MAXX

Old 04-14-2009, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

It sounds like a fuel problem, since you replaced your fuel tank. Make sure nothing is clogged/twisted and make sure the petcock is set on.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Like west oz said pull the plug out then put it back in the plug wire and rest it on the side of the engine so it makes contact and turn the engine over to see if you have spark...that is were i would start...

Old 04-14-2009, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 pull the spark and while connected hold it near some bare metal (to get a ground) crank away and watch for a spark!

Old 04-14-2009, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup. All these are good.
My check list is Fuel, Air, and Spark. These three should make it go.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Make sure your plug isnt wet with fuel.They dont fire worth a crap after they've been flooded. Maybe just stab a new plug in the hole just to make certain. If you smell gass when turning it over, all thats left is spark unless you messed with ignition or valve timing.She gotta at least fire

Quick Reply: Help!!! After mods, bike wont start??