Hello everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Hello everybody!

Hey guys. I've been lurking about for about 3 weeks now. Bought my bike last week. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info you've been gathering. I changed the main jet to a 120, drilled the slide, and raised the needle one washer. Big improvement in the midrange. My brother bought a 250s at the same time, so we are doing one mod at a time and comparing the two bikes.

Just took off the muffler and head pipe. FYI, the muffler weighs 8.2 lbs. I will probably grind the weld down on the head pipe, it's a big weld. I think the next thing we are going to try is the 13 tooth sprocket. So thanks again for the info on that. We are trying to do every cheap mod we can do until we get enough money to do the flat-slide and exhaust.

I bought a KLR650 3 years ago, if this bike had been around, I would have bought it instead. This bike is so much fun. It makes me happy.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hello everybody!

Congratulations on your bike and welcome to the forums!

Old 01-05-2006, 10:29 PM

dazjr,

Hey, I agree, it's a blast to own and ride. I have a KLR650 also. There are things the KLR650 can do that the KLX can not and vice versa. I think you need to have multiple bikes in order to do all the different riding that one wants to.

Welcome aboard and enjoy that new little bike!

It's a real joy to ride in gnarly areas!

Old 01-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome dazjr, have fun and keep the rubber side down. Oh and also, how about everyone make it a goal in the next week to create a garage so we can all see each others bikes, and whatever else we want to share? Later all.

deej

Old 01-06-2006, 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Welcome dazjr, have fun and keep the rubber side down. Oh and also, how about everyone make it a goal in the next week to create a garage so we can all see each others bikes, and whatever else we want to share? Later all.

deej

Garage?? What is that? I'm lost!

Old 01-06-2006, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Well over to the left under my name there is a camera icon, and it takes you to my photo album, but I have to admit I cant remember how I set up those pictures[] I will investigate and get back to everyone. This is like asking a question that you don't know the answer to, my bad LOL I will find out.

deej

Old 01-06-2006, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok here it is guys, I couldn't see how to do it because once you set a photo album up you can't see the icon that lets you add one. Anyway I did a search and found this. Here you go. Oh and what I did I think was to reduce all of my pictures by 50% and then save them in a folder in my docs, and name them small so they are easier to find. Anyway I hope this helps.

When you go into the photo gallery there should be something there that says 'Create Gallery' (or something like that, I can't see it because I already did mine) You can enter a bunch of info there. Once that is created you click on Add Photo (it is a small button up on the right hand side. Then you just browse to find your pictures on your computer and when you find the one you are looking for click on it and click OK. There are size limitations and what not listed on the upload screen where you browse for your pictures. You can add names and descriptions to your pics as well. I think that should do it, if you need any more help, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Good luck, let me know how you make out with it

deej

Old 01-23-2006, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

deej
Mine is over there
<---