Headers - FMF Power Bomb vs Mega Bomb

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Installed the megabomb on mine. Noticed more power as soon as you get on the throttle. Not much but was noticable.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

plus its all about the look... people saying wtf is that.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm, lots of variety in the responses. How about this, would anyone NOT buy one again? Is the bang for the buck worth it?

Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikey113
Hmmm, lots of variety in the responses. How about this, would anyone NOT buy one again? Is the bang for the buck worth it?
For the 250, I wouldn't buy it.
I got it thinking performance would be better with the 351.
But is it worth it? Not sure. I'd like to see dyno numbers. I'd buy the 351 before the header.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Direct from the horses mouth...

The redesigned PowerBomb is a four-stroke header that incorporates FMF's patented PowerBomb module at a precise location in the initial stage of the header. By positioning this "Bomb" at a key point in the system, increased performance and flow is achieved through the expansion and contraction of exhaust sonics through the system. Result is a flow increase of nearly 10%! The outer chamber in the Powerbomb allows the air to expand, cool and ramp back up at a higher velocity. Additionally, the PowerBomb is a "pre-muffler" of sorts which helps to lower the bikes sound output by providing more sound absorbing surface area for the sound medium (exhaust gases)

Old 04-17-2012, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

IF they add much power , I don't think what they add is worth $200 AKA Bang for the buck.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buerkletucson
Direct from the horses mouth...

The redesigned PowerBomb is a four-stroke header that incorporates FMF's patented PowerBomb module at a precise location in the initial stage of the header. By positioning this "Bomb" at a key point in the system, increased performance and flow is achieved through the expansion and contraction of exhaust sonics through the system. Result is a flow increase of nearly 10%! The outer chamber in the Powerbomb allows the air to expand, cool and ramp back up at a higher velocity. Additionally, the PowerBomb is a "pre-muffler" of sorts which helps to lower the bikes sound output by providing more sound absorbing surface area for the sound medium (exhaust gases)
Yeah, I have read that too. They have an "interest" in portraying it in the best light. I spoke to a guy at cyclebuy.com today who said it totally varies from bike to bike. Great results are reported on KTM's with Mega Bombs but not so much on Power Bombs. He said he wouldn't be surprised at all that the stock header was better as reported in a earlier post "as dyno'd by Bill Blue." Thanks all for your input.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
1st Gear Member

i didnt buy one again for my newer 250s....putting that cash towards a 331 kit...

Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subasaki
i didnt buy one again for my newer 250s....putting that cash towards a 351 kit...
Fixed.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhoffy22
Fixed.
i know i know...go big or go home!!!! lol. I feel better without the whole wet sleeve thing.contraversal topic, but hey

Quick Reply: Headers - FMF Power Bomb vs Mega Bomb