Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

$17???? Gotta love Thailand I guess. My shop is 45 an hour and they are the cheapest in town.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

So, wrap it up for me guys. I have the Leo Vince X3, which has given a definite snap from zero to 1/8 throttle, as well as a mild midrange increase. Top end, not too sure, but certainly a nice note coming from the tail now. My questions are, Powerbomb, will it bolt straight onto X3, do I need a heat shield to cover that bulge? Megabomb? Am I wasting dollars?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grahamgower
So, wrap it up for me guys. I have the Leo Vince X3, which has given a definite snap from zero to 1/8 throttle, as well as a mild midrange increase. Top end, not too sure, but certainly a nice note coming from the tail now. My questions are, Powerbomb, will it bolt straight onto X3, do I need a heat shield to cover that bulge? Megabomb? Am I wasting dollars?
This is from FMF
Top end vs. low to mid range
both increase by about 3hp

You can bolt on a Megabomb with an existing FMF Racing slip on for as much as a 3hp boost, plus the Megabomb actually reduces noises levels by as much as 1.5dB. The Megabomb technology is revolved to produce more low end to mid range gains as well as broadening out the mid to top end power gains over stock. The Megabomb is best used for Motocross/Supercross and GNCC style trails. Used by Factory Teams, the Megabomb is the next level technology you can have today.

The PowerBomb is a four-stroke header that incorporates FMF’s patented PowerBomb module at a precise location in the initial stage of the header. By positioning this “Bomb” at a key point in the system, increased performance and flow is achieved through the expansion and contraction of exhaust sonics through the system. Result is a flow increase of nearly 10%! The outer chamber in the Powerbomb allows the air to expand, cool and ramp back up at a higher velocity.
Additionally, the PowerBomb is a “pre-muffler” of sorts which helps to lower the bikes sound output by providing more sound absorbing surface area for the sound medium (exhaust gases). On some models, you can choose between a moto or supercross version. The supercross version is designed for more low to mid-range power where the moto version is focused in the mid to upper RPM range.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I did megabomb..anything is better than stock

Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

do I need a heat shield to cover that bulge? Megabomb? Am I wasting dollars?
You will need the pro carbon heat shield (ebay) or some other product. I mostly ride my bike in shorts & have lost count of the times I have accidentally touched my leg on the heat shield on my megabomb & thought wow another burn/scar avoided..!!! Looks pretty trick as well.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Be aware that what you may be feeling through the seat-of-the-pants is that the power/torque increase is actually occuring all the way through the powerband until signoff. But, it's the improved snap off idle and at low rpm that's the most noticeable. Once you get that nice, quick response from start or low speed, it's not as easy to notice the increased pull through midrange and top end. It probably takes a dyno to really qualify that.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member

You can install LeoVinci + megabombs. I've done.

You should practice a few cuts megabombs to correctly enter the exhaust gasket and then the clamp. Like the OEM header

The exhaust gasket is the ref11061-1055
Ronayers.com Microfiche Kawasaki>Motorcycle>2009>KLX250S (KLX250-T9F)>Muffler(s)

Sorry about the quality of some photos

The guard not to burn the pants is universal DRC

There is no problem with the heat that can reach the clutch cable, if you want and you want you can edit this piece and more direct harcela filing or lowering the piece.
[

Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Jeff, nice detail as usual from you. I do not see Marcelino mods on your signature.
Are you still using this mod? I am planning to do it this weekend.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes, I have Mod Marcelino made, but only the intake camshaft.

Even in the 300cc this amendment is a small improvement.

Before installing the 300cc I had the opportunity to test the full Marcelino modifcación the 250cc and is fully recommended. I guess the 300cc cylinder will notice a little less, but you'll advance that by changing the intake camshaft I noticed a small improvement. I'm sure the whole mod 300cc even worth it.
I am waiting to change also the exhaust camshaft, but depends on the work of a press shop to fix the ACR.
I'm eager to do it completely, totally recommend the lower displacement.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Jeff, Another question. I installed the Leo Vince, as you advised as it has the Lambda probe O2 sensor, for EFI. As I understand EFI, the bike will always be jetted correctly, as the modifications to intake and exhaust that I do are corrected automatically by the EFI system, using the O2 sensor, correct?
Now I am about to fit a EJK controller, similar to the Power Commander, which allows me to add more fuel at low, middle and high revs/ throttle. To over ride the O2 sensor I have to remove the Lamda probe and plug supplied resistor in. In my understanding now is that all I am doing to an EFI bike, that wants to correct my jetting automatically, is block this function and add more fuel. Will I not just be running rich and burning fuel. Please explain.

Quick Reply: Headers?