Hawaiirider

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Hawaiirider

Where do you reside?is it in Hawaii?do you ride at Kahuku?I just got into riding.I would like to ride with people with the same types of bikes.I recently purchased a klx 300r.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Default RE: Hawaiirider

Ya I live at Sunset Beach, a block from the track. I love it up there, 14,000 acres of bliss (when there's no surf). I was actually going to pick up that bike but decide to go with the dual sport. I only work in Haleiwa so I thought it made since. Where do you live? Let me know if you're coming this way.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 PM

Do you mind me asking where you got your klx250s? how much did it cost? I was looking at one at cycle city and they wanted over 6 grand. we ride Helemano on sundays. there is always a bunch of guys leaving around 9-9:30 am I ride a KTM 300exc. stop on by for a killer trail ride!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: surfmonkey

Do you mind me asking where you got your klx250s? how much did it cost? I was looking at one at cycle city and they wanted over 6 grand. we ride Helemano on sundays. there is always a bunch of guys leaving around 9-9:30 am I ride a KTM 300exc. stop on by for a killer trail ride!
I picked mine up for 4200 at domenico's in Kaneohe.

They were asking 5750 OTD. Ended up getting it down to 4200 after trading in my old bike.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:40 AM

Ya no worries. They intially asked $6300, they said it was all taxes and fees and shipping, B*ll Sh^t. I talked to my buddy in the parts department and got it to $5200-5300 (I forget now) OTD. Ended up being like $4900 for the bike and the difference was the taxes and registration. So crazy what they get people to pay!
Ya I'm working this Sunday but next sunday I'll line up my schedule to make it (need to do an oil change anyways). I've got a friend or two with some street legal Gas-Gas's and Yamaha's so I'll try to get them to come too. Thanks for the invite.
What'd you get the KLX300 for? And what year?

Old 09-13-2007, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

There's a klx 300r at south seas,waipahu.check out norm! eh hawaiirider are you the dude i talked too in haliwa?the day you were late for work.I live in town,I'll be heading out to kahuku this weekend.i usually park past the track,near the potties on the left side.i mostly ride on sat.I wouldn't mind checking out helemano

Old 09-13-2007, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

oh by the way i have a klx 300,i put bark busters,pro circuit t-4 muffler and maybe next weekend i'll have a new fork set up!the stock set up isn't good for me.I'm 200 plus so the forks is too soft for me.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 AM

This guy on here, Shelby, is parting out a 300. He's under greenkawi or something. He had a sick suspension package he was selling, I'd buy it but I'm broke after commiting to some guard plates and other items.

Ya I work in Haleiwa right next to McArches. It was probably me, I'm the only one here with a working dual sport. The other guys bike is at my house in parts, trying to bring it back to life!

So you park by the Kiddy track to the left at the top of the main road or on the side of the main road just past the track main pit opening (where only like one or two trucks can park)?

Old 09-13-2007, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member

I park up the hill from the main track,on the right side of the road under the pine trees.right across the lua.theres a trail head there,that hooks up to the perimeter trail.i'll be in a black dodge ram with a bowtech sticker on the rear window

Old 09-13-2007, 05:57 AM
1st Gear Member

you're right the suspension is killer,but the shipping would be too high.I already bought the parts for the fork.i'm goin to do the front first,then maybe put a valve in the shock,the rear spring is close too what the book calls for my weight.

Quick Reply: Hawaiirider