half choke position

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I like the choke on my wife's Yamaha XT 225 it has the choke **** up in the handlebar area and its got notches to set it at different positions. I would really love to relocate the one on the KLX with a cable mount up top.
+1 for the XT that is one great feature I would like to take off my XT and add to the KLX

Old 11-20-2011, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I have alway been able to ride off immediately after starting with no hiccups whatsoever and turn off the choke as soon as I ride off. It must be the 40 pilot...

Old 11-20-2011, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Dave, the KLR setup would actually plug right in to the KLX carb body. Edit: Hey Dave...I'll be down in the Big Bend region again in about 10 days for nearly 2 weeks of riding. Are you going down there again?
Knowing that KLR setup will work on my KLX is a mod to ponder. I'm lazy too. Might have something to do with age.

Yes, but not as early as I'd like. Due to a business trip, I won't be able to leave Corpus Christi until Dec 7 or 8. This year I'll be taking the KLX! How about Greg, is he going too?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:38 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlkDakDave
Knowing that KLR setup will work on my KLX is a mod to ponder. I'm lazy too. Might have something to do with age.

Yes, but not as early as I'd like. Due to a business trip, I won't be able to leave Corpus Christi until Dec 7 or 8. This year I'll be taking the KLX! How about Greg, is he going too?
Greg is sick about not being able to go. They're in the middle of a huge hospital building program, and he's the communications equipment guru for all the installations. Last year he enjoyed BB so much that he went back for a few days in February when they did the Uncle's Around the Bend ride.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Greg is sick about not being able to go. They're in the middle of a huge hospital building program, and he's the communications equipment guru for all the installations. Last year he enjoyed BB so much that he went back for a few days in February when they did the Uncle's Around the Bend ride.
Know all about being dependent on 1 guy. Although is sucks at time, it's also JOB SECURITY. That's right, he sent me an email about the visit in February. Speaking of old emails... he sent me some pictures of you on your mountain bike that were taken around Bronte. Now that's close to Robert Lee, where I have some land.

BTW- I bought a Diamond Back Response Montain Bike off of Craigs's List a few weeks ago. That and my KLX will be Big Bend bound in a few more weeks!

Hope to see you out there.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:23 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlkDakDave
Know all about being dependent on 1 guy. Although is sucks at time, it's also JOB SECURITY. That's right, he sent me an email about the visit in February. Speaking of old emails... he sent me some pictures of you on your mountain bike that were taken around Bronte. Now that's close to Robert Lee, where I have some land.

BTW- I bought a Diamond Back Response Montain Bike off of Craigs's List a few weeks ago. That and my KLX will be Big Bend bound in a few more weeks!

Hope to see you out there.
Have fun. I may miss you since your arrival date is only a day or two left on my trip, and I may be at the BB Ranch state park then...not sure. The Big Bend area is a great winter getaway.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Sometimes your mind can be blown away just by reading a thread from start to finish; the the overall connections made... crazy.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

My '96 Polaris snowmobile has the same type of enrichment system. Kind of interesting when the "choke" lever pulls on three separate carb enrichment units. If one of the three sticks, it doesn't run too very well! I can see the benefit of the KLR lever on the KLX. I've seen some guys replace their remote KLR handlebar lever with a shorter one right on the carb. Is it infinitely adjustable, or an on/off? Dunno...something to check out.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Have fun. I may miss you since your arrival date is only a day or two left on my trip, and I may be at the BB Ranch state park then...not sure. The Big Bend area is a great winter getaway.
My agenda also includes BB State Park towards the end of my stay. And yes, the Big Bend area is truly a GREAT winter getaway!

Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
My '96 Polaris snowmobile has the same type of enrichment system. Kind of interesting when the "choke" lever pulls on three separate carb enrichment units. If one of the three sticks, it doesn't run too very well! I can see the benefit of the KLR lever on the KLX. I've seen some guys replace their remote KLR handlebar lever with a shorter one right on the carb. Is it infinitely adjustable, or an on/off? Dunno...something to check out.
Scott, as I recall the non-cable replacement units I've seen do not have incremental notches in them. It's just like our KLX unit. If someone has a different one, please advise. I think the infinitely adjustable feature in the KLR650 is in the lever and pod assembly at the bar...just like the MTB units I've looked at for mountainbike forks with a suspension lockout.

Quick Reply: half choke position