Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   The Gun is on (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/gun-14863/)

KLXer 08-21-2007 03:53 AM

RE: The Gun is on

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

the BG is the best fitting pipe available for the KLX today hands down.it sticks out the least of all pipes except for the 2-bros, but I really don't consider that a pipe, more of just a weird muffler alternative that looks well, out of place. look at any 4-stroke dirtbike, the muffler always sticks out past the number plate or sidepanel. it's just that the BG sticks out less than the other real pipe for this bike, the Muzzy. the HMF imo, is the most ridiculous looking thing a person can bolt to the KLX. just how I feel.
snnnnniiiiiffff
Ah, I love the smell of BS in themorning.

sinkoman 08-21-2007 03:54 AM

Don't let the chain just lay on the ground like that, you're just asking for it to be cut.

Were the finish issues fixed up with the newer BG pipes?

stellar_d 08-21-2007 04:28 AM

it's just that the BG sticks out less than the other real pipe for this bike, the Muzzy. the HMF imo, is the most ridiculous looking thing a person can bolt to the KLX. just how I feel.
At least the Muz is now being considered a real pipe for the bike, I was getting worried ;)

danny1two3 08-21-2007 05:12 AM

you're seeing things. the BG is the best fitting pipe available for the KLX today hands down.it sticks out the least of all pipes except for the 2-bros, but I really don't consider that a pipe, more of just a weird muffler alternative that looks well, out of place. look at any 4-stroke dirtbike, the muffler always sticks out past the number plate or sidepanel. it's just that the BG sticks out less than the other real pipe for this bike, the Muzzy. the HMF imo, is the most ridiculous looking thing a person can bolt to the KLX. just how I feel.
I like how your statements are sodefinitiveyet you end with "just how I feel". As if that's not obvious, but you say shhit like it's fact.

Well, I'm seeing a muffler that looks too big for the bike it's on. I agree with you about the Big Gun system, but this bike is obviously not made the same as most bikes that get aftermarket pipes. I think the pipe looks great on other bikes, and although I can't really speak about it's performance, I'd be happy to take you at your word. You obviously have some sort of boner for the Big Gun, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure you know how difficult it is to find parts for the KLX (without using something made for another bike) so that should be some indication that most pipes for ithave the same problem. This bike was probably not designed to accept a wide variety of aftermarket items. It's not exactly meant to be a high performance machine. I think you'll agree with me there, but I do like the bike for what it is. I know someone is going to say the reason parts are not available is because the bike is so new, but I beg to differ. I justbought a 2008KLX450(like howI worked that in there like you and your DRZ400sm with 521 miles)which is a brand new model and it seems to be easier to find parts for it thanit was for the250. So that's my point, and in a way it doesn't really matter what it looks like as long as it performs which I'm sure it does. I was only responding to your love affair with this guy's Big Gun. Pun intended.

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

At the races this weekend there was every pipe brand imagineable out there. All the 4 stroke bikes had pipes sticking out past the numberplate and all the 2 smokes had theirs tucked in behind the plate.....you couldn't even see the tip of the can. Lemme tell ya, 250 and 450 race bikes with hardcore pipes are rolling thunder!!! I was in the pit area and when a guy started his YZ250F next to me and it blew my hat off just idling, it was physically painful if he revved it any.
When did I say the muffler shouldn't stick out past the plate? Just not ten (or whatever becauseI know someone will comment on that)inches. "It's not ten inches dude, it's nine!"

ORIGINAL: kawyaker

hey trip, thats a nice lookin pipe ya got there. isnt itcool that all our bikes are not identical after doing our own or sharing mods? those that slam othersbrands or methods need to work on some social skills. question for ya now.... do you have a light for your plate in the back there? and if i can kid ya for a sec....is the chain for security or just bling for the bike? sorry, i cant see from your pic there.
I'm not saying the pipe isn't nice looking, justthat it looks like it doesn't belongon that bike. Also, I'm not sure you need to come to the defense of all whom I've 'oppressed' here. Your comment about learning social skills is pretty interesting. This is just the internet dude. This is where Ipractice being anti-social. Anyway, what's actually happening is me critiquing someone's pipe. It's not really a slam like you seem to think. In fact, I don't realy have a problem with the pipe, the bike, or the photo (well the photo leaves something to be desired). I was really just critiquing iowaguy's critique of the pipe. Are we only allowed to say positive things here? That would be pretty liberal, and we can't have that because we're dirt bike riders and gun shooters. No libs allowed in here, right?

By the way, I like the chain also, and thanks for the heads up about that being a joke. You're obviously quite adept socially.

Here's a photo of a Big Gun that looks correct for the bike it's on.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6616/BF2F68008FCA4831A46BEBBE93049167.jpg[/IMG]

danny1two3 08-21-2007 05:17 AM

Hey Trip. Just so you know, I think you've got your bike looking pretty good. I like the black plastic, and I'm sure that pipe is going to kick ass for you. Post a few more pictures. I'd like to see that front fender from a different angle.

danny1two3 08-21-2007 05:36 AM

Ok, now there's a large pipe. The Big Gun lookssignificantly better than that.

danny1two3 08-21-2007 05:38 AM

ORIGINAL: danny1two3

Ok, now there's a large pipe. The Big Gun lookssignificantly better than that.
Hmm, didn't post the first time.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6616/EDAE579D8F5349C79A31BC091A0F5F01.jpg[/IMG]

tremor38 08-21-2007 05:50 AM

Too bad it looks like it's assembled by Matel. Better check for leaded paint. That red beak looks like it fell off a dodo bird...that, or it conjures-up images of aninflamed butt hole... Get some ointment on that thing or paint it black!

The FMF with power bomb header is a much better system. ;)

08-21-2007 04:08 PM

whose the grouch? whoever he is, he needs to learn that MX bikes need everything tucked in nicely unlike trail bikes or enduros where the racing isn't as tight or fast. compare KLX pipes, the BG fits the nicest, is tucked in the best, and doesn't hang low like others.
also, parts are easy as pie to get for the KLX, I never had problems. speaking of bad looking pipes that hang unnecessarily low, the oem header on "your new KLX 450" looks like it was thrown on at the last minute. how long do you think it will take before someone bashes it against a rock or tree? you should've bought a TE450, now that's a real enduro bike and cheaper as well. after all, this is the internet and we are all anti-socially driven shotgun shooting liberals who don't say anything nice at all, right? JMO:D

deej 08-21-2007 04:24 PM

Hey Trip I edited your post and separated the pictures so the page wasn't so wide, I hope that's OK.I'm feeling the Mod Power now:DThanks buddy. Oh and That Honda is SICK!! Danny, I guess that means awesome. I'm always behind on the sayings. I agree with you, the race bikes look so much better with the pipe no sticking way out there. But on my bike with the Muzzy or the other pipes that people have stuck on the KLX we need to keep the tip as far back as possible to avoid the black exhaust soot getting on the fender. Again nice bike, is that a pic of you and your bike?[sm=smiley20.gif]